navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted: Used Site Welfare Unit/Container  (Read 414 times)
dan_c

« on: June 14, 2018, 06:41:19 AM »

Hi all,

I'm after a secure container-type unit to use on a remote site during a project. The idea would be that it has space for all the following, ideally ready partitioned and kitted out....toilet, water tank, 12v pump for kitchen tap water, immersion heater for hot water, generator, kitchen/canteen.

I've looked around and have seen some used ones on Ebay but thought I'd ask here as lots of people are involved in construction in remote places.

Please let me know if you have anything or have experience or contacts for buying elsewhere. I don't really have the time to kit out a standard container but that would be a nice option.

Thanks
Dan
Nickel2

Method mixed with Madness

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 09:29:40 AM »

Network rail use container "welfare units" at various sites around the country for short-term on-site use. They are about 20 feet long, with toilet, storage, microwave and water-boiler, battery and generator compartment. I see new ones occasionally, so old ones must become available periodically. I'll have a look at my local crossing keeper's welfare unit to see if there is contact/contract info on it.

1.140kW mono south-facing at 49*
EpEver 4210A at 24v
24V 400 Ah battery. (4x200Ah FLA)
EpEver STI1000-24-230 pure sine inverter
Of course it'll work. (It hasn't caught fire yet).
offthegridandy

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 10:27:23 AM »

Current price for a basic 20ft steel shipping container is in the order of 1500 plus VAT and shipping.  Box will weigh in the order of a ton.  So access to remote areas needs thinking about.

Try contacting Plant hire companies to see if they're selling of kit.

We have bought used kit from a Company in Gloucestershire called Severnside relocatables. http://www.relocatableportablebuildings.co.uk/Our_Range/Modular_Building_Relocation/

We got an unrefurbished office with toilet/washroom for around 2K a year or so back.

Use a delivery firm with a Hyab on the truck for off loading.

Cheers.

Andy

8 KVA Lister TS2 Startamatic Genny
24 Volt 1000amp battery bank
Outback VFX3024
4.6 Kw PV array permanently ground mounted
Outback Flexmax 80
2 X Flexmax 30 PV CC
0.75 Kw wind turbine H Piggot design 2.4 Mtr Dia
12 Mtr lattice Tower.
u/floor heating from oil boiler cross linked to 12 Kw WBS
Pages: [1]   Go Up