navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wind generation - will it go any lower?  (Read 4135 times)
azps

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2018, 10:23:51 AM »

If those humungous intelligent insects had a brain, they would look back and understand how those stupid hominids (the ones that developed into Homo sapiens) destroyed themselves - and most of the planet life - and avoid any conversion of carboniferous materials to greenhouse gases.

I wonder what traces of human civilisation will be left on this planet in millions of years? Will there be anything to tell our story? Even if the Encyclopaedia Britannica were engraved on gold and buried for safe-keeping, would it ever be found, could it ever be understood? Will there be any lessons worth learning, and learning them early enough to use them?

There have been many people who've realised the risks of us destroying ourselves, and I've been proud to work with them pretty much all my working life. Right now, I've been overtaken by the dread that it's all been for nought. Not that I intend to curb my own efforts to stop some human acts of national and global self-harm. But I do feel like I'm on the side that's losing, right now.

oliver90owner

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2018, 06:40:40 PM »

So you donít think there will be any insect paleontologists?

Dinosaur times were only 60-200 million years ago and ours are finding bits here and there.

Our findings have been pieced together to enhance our knowlege of further back in the history of the planet - beyond when the first permanent life-forms existed, so beyond 3 1/2billion years (making the 64 million years since the dinosaurs met their fate seem quite recent!).
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 06:45:50 PM by oliver90owner » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: