navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with activating a Zone 2 on Mitsubishi FTC5 cylinder and controller  (Read 1791 times)
Stuw

« on: September 22, 2019, 12:56:25 PM »

Good Afternoon
Iím not sure if Iíve placed this message in the right forum.

Iím in need of some help.

My property has a 14kw Ecodan and 250l FTC5 cylinder.

I have installed underfloornheating and would like this on a new zone 2 with wireless stat. The rest of the house can stay as is as its original zone 1.

Is anybody on here familiar with this?  As all the literature on line seems to point to different things...

Is anybody able to help me to enable me to help my plumber or indeed come along and carry out this work maybe give me a price?

My installer like so many has now gone bust.

Iím based postcode DN14 Near Doncaster.

Thankyou in advance
benseb

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 07:46:35 PM »

I have the same system

From what I can see, thereís two inputs, one for Z1 and one for Z2

Then similarly outputs does the zonevalves for each zone

You then just set the dip switches correctly for 2 zone. 

The FTC5 manual contains all the info to do this.
Stuw

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 10:50:48 AM »

Hi
The system doesnít use zone valves as it uses the pumps as zones.

The FTC5 book is also incorrect and switches the wrong zones, it took me
Many hours of pinning out to realise This.

I have now completed this task myself and Mitsubishi technical have advised what I have done is correct and the new technical book is being revised.

Thanks
benseb

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 05:49:11 PM »

Any chance you could let me know what outputs you plugged your pumps and sensors into on your board? Iím going to add an extra zone and if the handbook is wrong it would be very helpful to know what you did.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: