navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleaning Pellet Store  (Read 618 times)
jtp10000

« on: September 27, 2018, 10:10:06 AM »

I have a 4 year old garage bay pellet store, OSB walls and floor with a single blow/suck pipe in the middle. When about 2/3 empty you have shovel the pellets across to make sure they get sucked up.
Recently the pellet sucker didn't suck so I managed to get down to it and free it up. Anyway as I am out of pellets I thought I should get the store cleaned. I was assuming this was a complex job involving some special kit to the clean the pipes all the way to the boiler. I would love to know what anyone thinks this job should entail... thanks
rogeriko

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 10:05:42 PM »

Pellet stores are always full of dust. The drivers blow the pellets in so fast they break and make dust. Get the driver to turn the pressure down and deliver slowly. To clean the place a henry hoover and air compessor will do the trick, wear a face mask its a dusty job. I have a henry hoover with a 10 meter hose, the hoover goes outside with NO filter in it and the dust is sucked up and blown away outside.

Artiglio

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 11:31:32 PM »

I’ve been fortunate, have had two deliveries that were pretty dusty, and hopper needed hoovering out, since then changed pellet brand and had a word with the supplier, the drivers now take their time blowing them in and since then no problems at all, mines an auger system so stripping it out for a clean is very straight forward if needed.
Not wanting to teach anyone to suck eggs, but do you have a “ curtain” the pellets hit as they go into hopper rather than smashing against the opposite wall?
It was the first thing the supplier wanted to know about the hopper before the first delivery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: