navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: G83-2 wind inverters  (Read 913 times)
dexterdixon

« on: November 13, 2018, 09:11:04 PM »

Hi,

Wondering what the options are for G83-2 wind inverters? And ideally where to get them?!? Is there a list of approved models?

Thanks
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 09:39:59 AM »

I'm not aware of a consolidated list. Each manufacturer should say what certification their products have.

Volunteer moderator
dexterdixon

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 09:33:28 PM »

That makes sense as it's self certified as far as I know. Wondering whether anyone on here has bought a G83-2 approved inverter (new) recently - ideally in the sub 2kW range... It seems that SMA, Ginlong and Mastervolt  (the three companies I have bought before) have all discontinued their wind products in the past few years - wondering what else is out there.
camillitech

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 06:00:07 AM »

That makes sense as it's self certified as far as I know. Wondering whether anyone on here has bought a G83-2 approved inverter (new) recently - ideally in the sub 2kW range... It seems that SMA, Ginlong and Mastervolt  (the three companies I have bought before) have all discontinued their wind products in the past few years - wondering what else is out there.

SMA transformer inverters can usually be programmed for wind curves using the appropriate software and tool. Dunno which ones for sure but certainly the SMC 6000 as it's still used by Proven/Kingspan and I did one a year or so back. Aurora/ABB do dedicated wind ones too but their solar ones cannot be reprogrammed as far as I know, again you will need the software and interface to program it yourself.

Good luck, Paul

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SMA SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 8kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
linesrg

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 07:44:20 AM »

Good Morning All,

This is kind of related to this thread so I don't think it is a hijack.

I've had a query from somebody on the Microgen Database forum about the possibility of extending their 4kW grid tied solar by adding a 1kW wind turbine (no idea which model).

I guess they'll need a G59/3 capable inverter (or a G59/3 relay). If you can't get a hold of a G83/2 job then G59/3 is an absolute no-hoper?

Regards

Richard

1.28kW on a Lorentz ETATRACK1000 + 1.44kW/ SB3000TL-21 (FIT), 1.28kW/ SB1700 (ROO/FIT). CTC GSi12 heat pump/Ecosol/Flowbox 8010e/Gledhill ASL0085 EHS/3off Navitron 4720AL Solar ET & Immersun T1060/T1070/T1090. 3.375kW/ SMA SB3600TL-21 and a Sunny Island 4.4M-12 c/w 15.2kWh battery and a Renault Zoe.
Ricc

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 02:35:17 PM »

Hi All,
            Slightly off topic as I am considering putting in PV and possibley a Hugh wind turbine, as grid tie inverters seem to be a problem
              would it be possible to use an Oz inverter with a local grid.
             I realise this is not straight forward and any pionters would be welcome.
              I have tried seaching the forum for ideas but all the intresting posts have lost their pictures (thanks photobucket) and I always find pictures are a huge help when
              explaining ideas.

thanks

Richard
camillitech

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 03:21:41 PM »

Hi All,
            Slightly off topic as I am considering putting in PV and possibley a Hugh wind turbine, as grid tie inverters seem to be a problem
              would it be possible to use an Oz inverter with a local grid.
             I realise this is not straight forward and any pionters would be welcome.
              I have tried seaching the forum for ideas but all the intresting posts have lost their pictures (thanks photobucket) and I always find pictures are a huge help when
              explaining ideas.

thanks

Richard

Good GTIís seldom give trouble at least not in the first 5 years and they can be had dead cheap new or for buttons off eBlag. They, unlike Ozís fine machine will be certified too, and if you do use wind then you will need one you can program a curve into.

Cheers, Paul

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SMA SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 8kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: