navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ground Based Solar PV advice  (Read 3840 times)
rogeriko

« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2019, 08:18:47 PM »

Those 2 panels down at ground level are going to get covered by weeds in a week and block production. You had better put some plastic membrane there to stop anything growing there.

charlesd

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2019, 07:00:58 AM »

Those 2 panels down at ground level are going to get covered by weeds in a week and block production. You had better put some plastic membrane there to stop anything growing there.
It's on the plan for this weekend.
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2019, 10:24:01 AM »

well thats an intresting one , or i remember my thoughts now when installed my ground mount PV  (but PV was  about 3.5 $ per watt)   to have a mirror at the bottom  or water in form of a pond   to reflect  light

i ended up doing nuthing like that  , what was  a mistake , cause strimming weeds and grass  near the panels was not too easy and   seeing little stones  and cuttings  flying around,  them was not too pleasant

external Mirror foil is about 2 Euro  per m2

Billi

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
charlesd

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2019, 08:38:24 PM »

The 2 additional panels were not part of the original plan but I went with it instead of moving the fencing too much to keep all 18 panels together. I'm intending to put some membrane and old slabs down so the weeds shouldnt be an issue.
Cheers
Charles
sam_cat

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2019, 08:48:32 PM »

Water in form of a pond   to reflect  light

Dont do the foil, would look bad... But a pond would be awesome, as the evaporation cooling effect as well will keep ambient temps down, further improving the output!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: