navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Small car for senior citizen  (Read 3552 times)
Barrie

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2018, 03:28:56 PM »

Hi Paul,

Asthma - speculation purely based on coincidence!

Perfectly healthy for 52 years then suffered asthma three months after being issued with the Passat, then fully recovered six months after it was replaced two years later. Never ever considered there was a link until the recent VW Gate story blew up when the coincidence struck me. Nothing else had changed in my lifestyle but it knocked running on the head and I was often left wheezing just lying in bed.

At the time my twice daily journeys were a minimum twenty miles so most of the 25,000 miles per year were spent running in cheat mode.

Perhaps I should be grateful that I got better mpg as a result.....

Milton Keynes Vauxhall Insignia EcoTech
camillitech

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2018, 03:48:50 PM »

I have no doubt that part of the car caused your asthma, just not the engine, more likely something in the HVAC or trim.

Cheers, Paul

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SMA SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 9kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
oliver90owner

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2018, 11:43:12 PM »

Presumably the time spent in “cheat” mode was when the pollutants were being left behind, them only emanating from the exhaust tailpipe?  Connection with driver’s asthma not conclusive, I would think.
spaces

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2018, 05:33:57 PM »

In reference to the OP, if a three or four year old EV isn't suitable, then a Skoda Roomster has a raised seating position and low sills, good visibility and are great to drive. They're also fine value as buyers don't like anything which is perceived as at all different, have well-proven running gear and are wonderfully simple compared with a lot of the diesel or petrol engined tosh on offer today.

Simplicity, the ultimate refinement
sunandwindy

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2019, 07:44:31 PM »

Does ‘lane deparure warning’ work on hilly country lanes?
I have it on a new Leaf. Works well on normal roads with clear road markings and uniform colouring, however bloody annoying on country roads with pot holes variety of tarmac colours. I've not worked out how to disable it yet.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: