navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newly installed Trojan J185P- ACT batteries  (Read 348 times)
skywatch

« on: January 20, 2019, 06:54:42 PM »

Hi all
I haven't been on here for a while .I got some invaluable help here from some members when I set up my solar panels and Senwei 2kw wing turbine.
The system has been up and running for 6 years now without any problems other than that the original chines.e agm 200ah batteries have past their best , so I have replaced them with four trojan J185P-AC batteries connected in series to give 48 volt system.
I am using a xantrex c40 set for  charge control and a dump load heater.
On the Trojan spec sheet they recommend setting the float voltage to 54 volts which I have done but after the xantrex green light comes on ( fully charged ) the batteries read 52 volts.
My question is , Should the voltage not read 54 volts.
The batteries have only been installed a few days  and not really been discharged much at all.
Any Help apprecitated
camillitech

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 05:56:32 AM »

Morning Skywatch,

Check the voltage against an accurate multimeter after the batteries have 'rested' for 10 minutes with the panels turned off. Then compare the voltage with the system operational, the voltages should really be very similar. How do the readings compare with your previous set points for the other batteries?

Cheers, Paul

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 4.75kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
skywatch

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 08:02:37 AM »

Hi Paul
Thank you for your reply
The voltage is the same as the old batteries even though I have set the float voltage and bulk voltage higher as reccomended on the trojan spec sheet.
I wondering does it take new batteries a few cycles to reach full capacity.

Harry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: