navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A potential Navitron recruit.  (Read 2783 times)
offthegridandy

« on: June 03, 2019, 10:09:39 AM »

Hi guys.

I've been off the grid for the last few weeks having had facial reconstruction after an operation to remove skin cancer.  The operations were all good but have left me unable to wear my spectacles.  This means I can't see much in focus when it's further than 9 inches from my face.  I have a large lump on my nose, post operation, and this is due to be removed in couple of weeks and then I can get back to work hopefully.  

However I've now  got a set of reading lenses made up in a temporary frame perched on the end of my nose. So I can now see some and see the key board at the same time.

I was sent a link to this web page a few days ago and thought that the guys efforts are well worth a look if you've got time for a read. His effort to install a hydro scheme includes making his own transformers. Take a look.

https://ludens.cl/paradise/turbine/turbine.html

https://ludens.cl/paradise/paradise.html

Cheers.

Andy
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 10:23:50 AM by offthegridandy » Logged

8 KVA Lister TS2 Startamatic Genny
24 Volt 1000amp battery bank
Outback VFX3024
4.6 Kw PV array ground mounted
Outback Flexmax 80
2 X Flexmax 30 PV CC
2.5 Kw WT H Piggot design 4.5 Mtr Dia AC coupled
12 Mtr free standing Tower.
u/floor heating from oil boiler cross linked to 12 K wood stove
Fintray

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 10:14:41 AM »

Hi Andy

Sorry to hear about the cancer but glad it was spotted and treated, good to have you back on the forum.

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!)
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
dickster

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 10:17:28 AM »

Thanks for posting Andy. We all tend to be a bit too anonymous on the forum and it's nice to know you felt comfortable in letting us know about your skin cancer. So now you can get even more better knowing that we're all rooting for you Smiley. Oh, and ta for cool turbine man stuff! We're all trying to head in the right direction.
offthegridandy

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 10:31:58 AM »

Hi and thanks for the kind words.  I just worked out that this guy is working in Chile so a bit far for a site visit.

Andy

8 KVA Lister TS2 Startamatic Genny
24 Volt 1000amp battery bank
Outback VFX3024
4.6 Kw PV array ground mounted
Outback Flexmax 80
2 X Flexmax 30 PV CC
2.5 Kw WT H Piggot design 4.5 Mtr Dia AC coupled
12 Mtr free standing Tower.
u/floor heating from oil boiler cross linked to 12 K wood stove
Fintray

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 10:56:25 AM »

I've had a look at the link and am pretty sure this has been posted on here before as I've seen it but I don't think his micro hydro was completed at that time, anyway it is a good read and he and his neighbour Gabriel had some challenges.  genuflect

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!)
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 01:56:19 PM »

Welcome  back Andy.
                               I an glad to hear you are recovering and have a really good attitude.
  Thanks for the link.
         Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 05:39:26 PM »

Andy glad to see you back.
Sorry to hear of your woes, but very much admire your courage in telling us, wishing you well.
Tod

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
fourfootfarm

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 09:06:43 PM »

Oh yes, I remember seeing this before at some point, gabriel is absolute machine

Hopefully you'll back to being able to see soon!

Outback FM60. EPsolar 30a MPPT and a bunch of Tristar 45's. Hodge Podge of solar ~ 4500w. Various generators and 1000ah 24v forklift battery.

Turkish Turnip
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: