navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oz to meet Paris accord by 2025.  (Read 155 times)
stannn
Global Moderator

« on: February 08, 2019, 05:37:50 PM »

https://www.power-technology.com/news/australia-paris-agreement-targets/

....and https://www.pv-magazine.com/2019/02/05/massive-solarstorage-projects-move-forward-in-australia/
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 08:47:44 PM by stannn » Logged

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
M

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 07:04:53 PM »

What's really incredible about this, is that the government is next to useless, and pro-coal, but the people, the state leaders, and the economics of RE are charging forward and making a mockery of government action (or inaction). It's a bit like US state policies v's presidential rulings/policies.

Apologies for going on (all the time) about the power of economics, and I do wish we where all doing the right thing, for the right reasons, but I just can't wipe the smile off my face as RE wins the economic battles too.

Best ease up on the smiles to rest my face ready for the legal outcomes on there way regarding Trump, Koch's and Exxon .......  fingers crossed!

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
linesrg

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 08:50:09 PM »

Good Evening All,

I guess temperatures of 46.6oC would focus people's attention?

Regards

Richard

1.28kW on a Lorentz ETATRACK1000 + 1.44kW/ SB3000TL-21 (FIT), 1.28kW/ SB1700 (ROO/FIT). CTC GSi12 heat pump/Ecosol/Flowbox 8010e/Gledhill ASL0085 EHS/3off Navitron 4720AL Solar ET & Immersun T1060/T1070/T1090. 3.375kW/ SMA SB3600TL-21 and a Sunny Island 4.4M-12 c/w 15.2kWh battery and a Renault Zoe.
M

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 08:05:45 AM »

Good Evening All,

I guess temperatures of 46.6oC would focus people's attention?

Regards

Richard

It would focus mine. And S. Australia has been proving that RE works faster than central government can deny it.

For households, the choice is simple, they can install very cheap PV, prices are silly cheap in Aus, and displace a UK like 40% of import, but add on storage and they get into the mid 90%'s. Wow.

With rising PV efficiencies (more Wp on the same roof space) combined with falling costs, and cheaper storage, I bet it won't be long before PV + storage Aus homes start to go 100% PV almost by accident, at that point and with standing charges around A$1/day, folk will start to leave the grid. Though this might be prevented by the Aussie schemes where households with storage sell to the grid at wholesale prices when prices go nuts in the peaks, such as selling at A$1/kWh when grid prices hit A$1,400/MWh (as per last year)

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: