navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bees and insects  (Read 489 times)
billi
Global Moderator

« on: February 11, 2019, 11:42:48 PM »

https://munichnow.com/bavaria-out-in-swarms-for-the-bees/?fbclid=IwAR2vzPxiBgM0LpEk_mDF0c1QgRCIdsug8Q438j2TlX-pc7D8CfNTG0UvGOI

good incentive here , during my working holidays in Bavaria ,  looks promising, that they get 1 million people of Bavaria to sign this

in parallel   sad news  report ...  

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/11/health/insect-decline-study-intl/index.html?fbclid=IwAR26aFZQg9c_v-G4shT3x1LymS9gphUIho7cPJ-88FQIDnR_VNtxHgNe4Hg
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 11:45:21 PM by billi » Logged

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
oliver90owner

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 05:33:04 AM »

Can be summed up in one of two words, I would say.  Neonicitinoids or bayer.
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 07:16:58 AM »

beside that 2 words , there is overfarming , destroying of important landscape , clynical clean landscaping of puplic and private gardens ,  destroying natural rivers ,  and much more ...

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
oliver90owner

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 08:50:23 AM »

But bayer and neonicotinoids, primarily.
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 11:03:01 AM »

One look at the results of the Vale Dam disaster. Brazil.
    Is totally disheartening. And to think that there are dozens of more ones like the one that collapsed last week.
  Western input is not the great thing that it is cracked up to be. The term "poison chalice" is rather apt.
                                  Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
clivejo

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 12:42:31 PM »

Not a popular opinion, but in the case of bees, I'm convinced it is modern technology and the Radio Frequency pollution (from cell towers, wireless data links, even high voltage equipment such as transformers etc) which is causing the problems.   surrender

DISCLAIMER : I’m not responsible for anything… for anything I say or do. Cos I’m a proud member of clan Eejit who once ruled Ireland.
freddyuk

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 06:33:48 AM »

Imagine if Michael Gove (or Michael Creed) announced a tax break for domestic bee keepers. I wonder if that would be met with resistance from the exchequer? It could give a massive boost to the bee shortage problem (you could put it way above many other "crisis").
You need to attend a bee keeping course and join a local club to be competent and then buy the equipment. I am going to do it once I have the funds.
oliver90owner

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 07:43:04 AM »

A massive boost to beekeeping numbers will not help all the other non-target species being poisoned by nerve agent insecticides introduced to the environment. 

Bees not only have to contend with systemic insecticides in their forage, but also varroa - and then a lot of new beekeepers who would soon find that keeping bees is hard work, unless just wanting a few jars of honey for personal use (while not counting the initial expense of starting the ‘hobby’). 

Humans have recently  proved better at destroying the environment than maintaining it.
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 08:42:24 AM »

Anyway good news from Bavaria , the incentive (Volksbegehren) got more than 1 million voters even befor the deadline today , so the Bavarian Parliament now is forced to agree or disagree now , if the Parliament disagrees , then there is the option of a "Volksentscheid" to overrule the decision of the Parliament  crack

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: