navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2x solar thermal panels  (Read 450 times)
sandyman44

« on: February 20, 2019, 03:42:48 PM »

2x Solar thermal panels
For IN-roof installation or could be used freestanding, or for any DIY project
just been removed to make room for PV

also the water circuit vessel , control unit and pump, but be aware some of the pipework around the pump assembly leaks (one of the reasons I gave up on it)

panel pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/qn640qgg/

these are from a drainback system originally from http://imaginationsolar.com/system.html

Willing to give (zero cost) to anyone who can find a good use for in them and can collect. Perhaps a decent bottle of red in exchange would be appreciated.

you must collect  - I'm in the milton keynes area
donegal

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 06:26:39 PM »

i have this exact system in my garage, bought used 2 years ago, complete with leaking joints.  the joints and pipes in the pump station can be replaced (i think the plastic pipes were the weakness).  Its ideal for a garage or shed as it runs on a small solar pv panel, drains back at night and uses no power.
Its all in microbore so the temperatures are higher than my house system, as there's less water in the system.

I'm very impressed with it.

T

sandyman44

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 09:04:26 AM »

yes it absolutely still works well if you're prepared to put some time into replacing the joints / pipes in the pump assembly , or have some other way to drive the panels. I've a reasonable length of microbore copper that I haven't removed yet, that can go with it as well.

I'll put on gumtree / ebay for $trivial if no interest on here.
roys

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 06:17:11 PM »

Same system as mine as well, works well, had the first bit of trouble with it last year and thatís after about 9 years.
Had to replace the pump and the sunshine sensor and a bit of the tubing going to pump.
Works a treat again.
sandyman44

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 07:05:38 PM »

gone, to a self build off-gridder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: