navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple energy  (Read 8726 times)
M

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2020, 06:03:00 PM »

But if you subscribe to an initial share offering you do own a share of the wind turbine(s) or whatever being built. I don't understand the difference there. No share price growth is expected or needed.

The only difference is that the electricity is sold to others, rather than given to you, but you get dividend income from that sale which, in principle you can use towards your own energy bills.

The ripple model just seems needlessly complex, and I'm sure will incur greater overheads which will eat into investors' income share.

I've been with Abundance now for 8yrs, and my portfolio of investments (I call it my Green Fund) has now grown to 28 different schemes. Some PV farms, some wind farms, hydro, bio-energy, house renovations etc. It's a great way to own a bit of RE generation, and I like to think that the money I've put into these helps offset my carbon emissions from other activities, purchases, and just living life.

Sadly, Abundance doesn't seem to have many new investments opening these days, and can be just for 2-5yrs, whereas I enjoyed investing in 10-17yr schemes / debentures. There is a 'Marketplace' where you can buy investments off other investors, but lately the mark up has gotten silly. I was buying say a 12yr PV scheme with a 5% annual return for around 105% of the value last year, but these days people are asking +20% (as an example).

But just to say there is 'stuff' out there.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
GarethC

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2020, 07:10:40 PM »

@pantsmachine, thank you - have pm'd you my website. Grateful for feedback.

Mart, yes I'm a bit disappointed Abundance haven't had anything of much interest (to me at least) recently. I wish I could invest in something like Energy 4 All (i.e. Any community renewable energy scheme) in Germany or the US. As I mentioned in another post, would be great to help displace some coal over there.
pantsmachine

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2020, 07:47:55 AM »

I had a quick look this morning and gotta admit to liking what i see.

900k raised to install two plants
Alt Deag generates 22,267 pa on a FIT
Alt Laggan generates 100,200 pa on a FIT on a mid figure of 1,500MWh
13.6% ROI before costs

450k raised to install a further 2 plants
Achlain generates 24,603 pa on a FIT
Littleton- no figures as yet.

I wonder what sort of contract they can get on plants going forward what with FIT being taken off then back on the table. This has piqued my interest. be interesting to read what is left as a percentage to distribute to shareholders? Damn good idea though! Smiley Might jump in the van when i get home in March and go look at one of these sites.

Edit https://hces.coop/faqs/

2nd Edit Littleton was protested May 2018, I'd guess its not operational if no figures for production available. Begs the question, will they have planning permission in place before raising for the next one...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/protests-beauty-spot-hydro-scheme-12594690
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 08:14:22 AM by pantsmachine » Logged

8.045kWh PV system with Solar edge
9.6kWh Pylon tech battery storage
18kWh Heater Storage
Solar I boost charging 12kWh 210 ltr OSO system tank
Deep insulation, air leak controlled home
Zoned CH wet system & Hive 2
Burley W/Stove
Low energy bulbs
24 kW Leaf
Veg patches & wood fired hot tub
nowty

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2021, 03:24:40 PM »

Update from Ripple Energy.

Looks like the Graig Fatha wind turbine is finally going to get going soon, as a large institution is taking up an equity and debt position to fund the rest of the project. Wind turbine supplier is indicating an October installation timescale.

12 kW of PV installed and 67 MWh's generated.
Useable home battery storage of 50 kWh's.
Hot water storage of 15 kWh's.
Storage heaters of 15 kWh's.
EV BMW i3 (another 30 kWh's of storage).
6kW Ground source heatpump.
320,000 litres of water harvested from underground river.
pantsmachine

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2021, 06:05:49 PM »

It would be really cool if it was cranking from next Winter onwards. Great to read the update.

8.045kWh PV system with Solar edge
9.6kWh Pylon tech battery storage
18kWh Heater Storage
Solar I boost charging 12kWh 210 ltr OSO system tank
Deep insulation, air leak controlled home
Zoned CH wet system & Hive 2
Burley W/Stove
Low energy bulbs
24 kW Leaf
Veg patches & wood fired hot tub
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print