navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tesla Model Y unveiled - mid-sized "SUV"  (Read 307 times)
dan_b

« on: March 15, 2019, 12:06:53 PM »

https://electrek.co/2019/03/14/tesla-model-y-electric-suv-unveil/

Have to say considering that's meant to be an SUV it looks remarkably "compact" - or rather it looks more like a more traditional hatchback version of a saloon car than it does a Chelsea Tractor.

They're saying it'll be available in teh US from autumn 2020, so I guess we won't be seeing it in Europe until late 2021 at the earliest - but given that the SUV is the current king of the road in terms of popularity, I expect Tesla has a bit of a goldmine on their hands with this.

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery
DonL

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 02:19:13 PM »

https://electrek.co/2019/03/14/tesla-model-y-electric-suv-unveil/

Have to say considering that's meant to be an SUV it looks remarkably "compact" - or rather it looks more like a more traditional hatchback version of a saloon car than it does a Chelsea Tractor.

They're saying it'll be available in teh US from autumn 2020, so I guess we won't be seeing it in Europe until late 2021 at the earliest - but given that the SUV is the current king of the road in terms of popularity, I expect Tesla has a bit of a goldmine on their hands with this.
Doesn't look like an SUV to me. Maybe it's all in the name.

Schuco solar hot water - 3300kWh/annum, 16 BP 4175N PV panels - 2.8kWp, log burner and back boiler and 18 Ying Li 235 PV panels - 4.2kWp, 42kW ground mount PV, 9kW Panasonic ASHP
oliver90owner

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 03:17:02 PM »

Doesn't look like an SUV to me. Maybe it's all in the name.

What term would you use for the model X?

Itís between the models 3 and X?  So how else would they differentiate?

Only need to look at Hyundai - the Ioniq and the Kona.  Main difference is in the height, as far as I can see.
Countrypaul

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 04:29:54 PM »

If you look at the angles of approach and departure, it hardly looks like it would climb a high kerb let alone anything more adventurous. Does it have adjustable height suspension or anything like that?

It looks much more like a "softroader" like the Audi Allroad.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 04:32:03 PM by Countrypaul » Logged
Nickel2

Method mixed with Madness

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 06:35:08 PM »

Electric 'Chelsea tractor' maybe? Maybe the Londoner's congestion/pollution-free Freelander. Looks like it spends all weekend in the country, but gets most of it's decorative mud from the school playing field.

1.140kW mono south-facing at 49*
EpEver 4210A at 24v
24V 400 Ah battery. (4x200Ah FLA)
EpEver STI1000-24-230 pure sine inverter
Of course it'll work. (It hasn't caught fire yet).
knighty

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 08:17:24 PM »

I think the american version of 'SUV' covers a wide pretty range or stuff
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: