navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do I need 3 phase electricity to install P.V. ?  (Read 1181 times)
DonL

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2019, 09:40:04 AM »

The Zappi charger offers the facility to monitor total load using a CT on the supply and decreases the charge rate to the car if the supply reaches a limit you can set.  So if your car is on charge and the total current reaches the preset value it will cut back on the charge rate to the car to respect the limit. When total supply current drops as other high load devices turn off the charge rate to the car ramps back up.
I have this working, in a slightly modified form to prevent possible overloading on the supply to outbuildings.
It works and I have watched it turn down and balance the current when I turn on a fan heater.
I'm unsure how this is considered in terms of diversity and the regs but it certainly works in practise.
Don

Schuco solar hot water - 3300kWh/annum, 16 BP 4175N PV panels - 2.8kWp, log burner and back boiler and 18 Ying Li 235 PV panels - 4.2kWp, 42kW ground mount PV, 9kW Panasonic ASHP
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: