navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No style sheet  (Read 1975 times)
kristen

« on: April 01, 2019, 06:28:21 PM »

All of a sudden I'm not getting any CSS Style Sheet. Don't think anything has changed, but the main url is httpS (can't remember if it was before, or not) and the page contains links to style sheets (and probably other stuff) which is httP and Browser is downgrading the httP links to insecure because they are on an httpS page.

Is it just me? or am I don't something wrong that I should do differently?

Thanks
azps

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 06:33:45 PM »

Is it just me?

No, me too, on Firefox, Chrome and Edge (all on Windows 10)

Antman
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 06:41:39 PM »

Not just you. Admin are looking into it. Sorry.
Antman

20 x 47mm, 172 l cylinder, Heat Dump, 15 x Sanyo HIT-H250E, SB4000TL,  Nestor Martin IQ13 WBS
DIY Solar System Support at http://www.handyantman.co.uk/antman.html
All support is voluntary and free of charge. I'm not employed by Navitron so responses may not be same-day
kristen

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 06:50:05 PM »

Not just you. Admin are looking into it. Sorry.

OK, now I know that's fine. Sorry Admin have the hassle.
Philip R

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 06:59:01 PM »

I thought something was up with my laptop!
Philip R
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 08:16:45 PM »

You might find that your mobile will give you a better access/bigger access to the Forum. I don't  know why but my Mobile works it better than my laptop.
       Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 08:28:30 PM »

Tablet is odd as well

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 03:09:00 PM »

The issue is caused by the mixed HTTP and HTTPS content (CSS is HTTP on HTTPS page).

Just why this has suddenly become an issue is not clear, as the site has been this way for some time. Maybe a browser update has kicked in.

You can get the CSS to load again by disabling protection (built in to the browser) for the site.

Click on the icon(s) to the left of the address in your browser and select the disable option (exact method is slightly different in each browser) for this site.

* nav.png (12.95 KB, 398x484 - viewed 266 times.)

Volunteer moderator
kristen

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 04:16:14 PM »

(exact method is slightly different in each browser)

Thanks Ted that led me to a solution in Chrome - there is a "Shield Icon" to the right of address bar. Clicking that displays a warning with a link to "Load unsafe script", which has fixed it for me. I had to do that on a number of pages, but now it seems to be loading Style Sheet.  Don't know if that is persistent (after reboot), the settings page only seems to allow me to completely disable this checking, including for all malicious sites, which i obviously don't want to do, rather than for individual named sites.
Countrypaul

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 04:43:19 PM »

The issue is caused by the mixed HTTP and HTTPS content (CSS is HTTP on HTTPS page).

Just why this has suddenly become an issue is not clear, as the site has been this way for some time. Maybe a browser update has kicked in.

You can get the CSS to load again by disabling protection (built in to the browser) for the site.

Click on the icon(s) to the left of the address in your browser and select the disable option (exact method is slightly different in each browser) for this site.

I am on Firefox 66.0.2 and don't get the option to disable protection for the site - any idea why not?
Tinbum

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 05:01:18 PM »

I am on Firefox 66.0.2 and don't get the option to disable protection for the site - any idea why not?
You need to click on the right hand arrow on the right of the  the connection tab to get the tab shown in Teds pic

85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3 x Sunny Backup 5048, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, Atmos wood gasification boiler, Brosley wood burner, 2000lt buffer tank and 250lt DHW
Nickel2

Method mixed with Madness

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 05:09:17 PM »

I noticed a few things changed over the weekend, possibly connected with Google+ and whatever it was, being discontinued. One of my YouTube accounts disappeared, but I have recovered it after a bout of faffing around.
The 'Load unsafe scripts' bit worked for me, I now have the original layout.

1.140kW mono south-facing at 49*
EpEver 4210A at 24v
24V 400 Ah battery. (4x200Ah FLA)
EpEver STI1000-24-230 pure sine inverter
Of course it'll work. (It hasn't caught fire yet).
Iain

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2019, 05:09:56 PM »

Hi
Seems strange that all the browsers were affected at the same time if the website has not changed.. Surely the browsers can't have all updated at the same time?

Iain
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 11:09:13 PM by Iain » Logged

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
Countrypaul

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 05:19:17 PM »

I think the pad on my PC may be playing up. When I tried again later, the expected menu with the Site Information came up rather than the one with Pin to this menu which now only comes up with the right hand button.

Problem resolved (but I expect it to come back...)

You need to click on the right hand arrow on the right of the  the connection tab to get the tab shown in Teds pic
Nickel2

Method mixed with Madness

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 05:21:08 PM »

The title bar still says the site is not secure. I run ZoneAlarm, but will still keep visits restricted until the issue is resolved.
Edit:
Just had a look all over the rest of the Navitron shop etc, all of that shows up as secure. It is only the forum that has the warnings.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 05:24:37 PM by Nickel2 » Logged

1.140kW mono south-facing at 49*
EpEver 4210A at 24v
24V 400 Ah battery. (4x200Ah FLA)
EpEver STI1000-24-230 pure sine inverter
Of course it'll work. (It hasn't caught fire yet).
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: