navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eon smart meters  (Read 567 times)
ceisra

« on: April 04, 2019, 05:48:32 PM »

As a long standing BG customer, I have finally moved away from them to Eon
I have had smart meters for 4 years and like the option of tracking my energy use so enquired if I could have some from Eon

I was told NO as they are in the last stages of planning an upgrade of V1 meters to V2

This should allow any supplier to take over a previous suppliers meter and obtain the smart readings.

Has anyone else heard about this or have more information ??

Roger

16 X 240W Panasonic panels with a 3.6 ABB ( PowerOne ) inverter
http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=40128&sid=36661
RIT

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 06:48:05 PM »

You can find out a lot at

https://www.smartdcc.co.uk/

The aim is to have a central clearinghouse for all smart meters so that all the V1 units can continue to operate, but remain 'smart' after a consumer changes provider.

2.4kW PV system, output can be seen at  - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=49083

Why bother? - well, there is no planet B
dan_b

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 07:12:17 PM »

and the newer version of the SMETS1 meters are more "portable" than the original ones too - when I switched from Tonik to Octopus in December my Smart Meters went straight over with no problems whatsoever.

Here's my 50 discount referral code if anyone wants to use it Smiley

https://share.octopus.energy/teal-leaf-367

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery
azps

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 07:14:46 PM »

I was told NO as they are in the last stages of planning an upgrade of V1 meters to V2

This should allow any supplier to take over a previous suppliers meter and obtain the smart readings.

This has been the plan all along. Pretty much all the SMETS 1 meters will be migrated ("enrolment and adoption") to the DCC, so customers with those meters will be able to transfer between suppliers with ease. https://www.smartdcc.co.uk/smart-future/enrolment-and-adoption/

E.ON Company Rep: Malc

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 01:59:14 PM »

As a long standing BG customer, I have finally moved away from them to Eon
I have had smart meters for 4 years and like the option of tracking my energy use so enquired if I could have some from Eon

Roger

Hello Roger and thanks for joining us.

As we advised and others on here have mentioned, later this year we'll start updating many of the smart SMETS1 meters we've installed so they're managed in the same way as SMETS2. This also includes smart meters we didn't install and now supply. These updates are done remotely so there's no need for a technician to call. The original features of the smart meter will then be live again.

There are some early smart installations (mainly from 2014 and before) where this won't be possible. In these cases, we'll fit new SMETS2 meters.

Hope this is of interest Roger. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
azps

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 02:42:19 PM »

Hello Roger and thanks for joining us.

As we advised and others on here have mentioned, later this year we'll start updating many of the smart SMETS1 meters we've installed so they're managed in the same way as SMETS2. This also includes smart meters we didn't install and now supply. These updates are done remotely so there's no need for a technician to call. The original features of the smart meter will then be live again.

There are some early smart installations (mainly from 2014 and before) where this won't be possible. In these cases, we'll fit new SMETS2 meters.

Hope this is of interest Roger. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc

Hi Malc,
do you know anything about the interference issue in CSP North with SMETS2 meters? Is it an issue with the Arqiva network and their house-buddying system? Is it interference between the buddy systems and HANs? What's the proposed resolution? Happy to discuss by direct message or email if you prefer - we've got an ongoing academic project that this is relevant to.

E.ON Company Rep: Malc

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 08:32:26 AM »

Hi Malc,
do you know anything about the interference issue in CSP North with SMETS2 meters? Is it an issue with the Arqiva network and their house-buddying system? Is it interference between the buddy systems and HANs? What's the proposed resolution? Happy to discuss by direct message or email if you prefer - we've got an ongoing academic project that this is relevant to.

Hello azps and thanks for your questions.

I'm aware of signal difficulties in some areas north of Manchester. There are also specific metering conditions we're still working on. In these cases, until we've sorted these issues, we'll continue to fit SMETS1 meters. As I mentioned to Roger above, SMETS1 meters will be remotely upgraded later this year so they're managed in the same way as SMETS2.

Arqiva are one of the partners we're working with as we look to deliver the smart meter roll-out to all our customers by 2020. Arqiva are the Communication Service Provider we're working with in the North. The issues themselves aren't something I'm involved with. I've asked our project managers and they've told me our technical developers are currently working on a resolution, the details of which aren't available yet. I'll update this thread once I've more information.

Thanks again for your interest azps.

Malc
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: