navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meter man.  (Read 1428 times)
stannn
Global Moderator

« on: July 16, 2019, 12:04:42 PM »

The Eon meter man just came to check my gross PV generation. I commented that it is so consistent annually, relative to the weather, that HQ should be able to spot cheating from the figures that I send quarterly. He said that he checks the white AC leads from inverter to isolation switch to Landis Gyr meter for staining which would indicate overheating. He reads the meter to prove that he has actually been here.
Stan
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:50:53 PM by stannn » Logged

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
RIT

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 05:16:43 PM »

Did he say what happens if staining is found?

2.4kW PV system, output can be seen at  - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=49083

Why bother? - well, there is no planet B
TT

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 05:44:14 PM »

My meter reader just reads the meter.

He doesn't check the inverter, it's in the loft.
He doesn't comment on the cut out, it's had no seal before I moved in, lived here 20 years.

I think  he reads the meter and that's it

stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 05:55:12 PM »

Did he say what happens if staining is found?
No, he did not.

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
greentangerine

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 12:24:06 AM »

The last two times EON read my generation meter, the guys managed to write the MPAN down wrong which put my account on hold until I sent in a photo of the device proving it was still connected and clocking up units (and yes, I did tell the last guy that his predecessor manage to balls it up - so he went and did the same thing).

2.940 kWP (Sharp ND210/SB2500)
2.115 kWP (Kinve KV235-60P/SB1600)
2.000 kWP (Sharp ND250/SB1600)
65 x 58mm SunnPro/Torrent T280 RE OV/SunSpeed2 205
11kW Dean Forge Croft Clearburn 10,000 BTU
SoFar ME3000SP/Pylon US2000 14.4kW
immerSUN 2
PV
snyggapa

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 07:55:35 AM »

our regular (not FIT) meter has a serial number that is "not the one held on our database". It's been like that since we bought the place 10 years ago and the previous owner gave us correspondence with Npower? re the same issue. One story told to me was that the serial no I have should belong to a neighbour, and they almost certainly have the same problem in reverse and would date back to when the meters were changed out in the area to digital ones and poor record keeping at the time.

In all of this time, and despite every 2 years it causing a kerfuffle when someone comes to read it, no-one has yet thought it an adequate solution to simply update the damn record on the system to match the reality on the ground..
MR GUS

Officially "Awesome" because Frotter said so!

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 09:37:47 AM »

Write to your MP along with "whichever minister" this sort of BS needs sorting (simple enough as you say) rather than re-played with utmost frequency, I'd also put a claim in for the inconvenience that their ineptitude causes, ..."X" amount of times reiterating the scenario to inepts only for nothing to be done = a claim for "Y" ..only when YOU try billing them for their errors will they sit up & actually listen.

Austroflamm stove & lot's of Lowe alpine fleeces, A "finger" of Solar Sad
Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS
Leaf Owner (1st gen)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: