navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seed/Plant Exchange - Offers  (Read 10935 times)
Ivan
« on: April 01, 2008, 12:28:50 PM »

Provider          Items Offered                            Offered            Availability           Payment Method            Cost           
Bob              Cape Gooseberry                      Seeds                   ??                          ??                    2nd class post

Ivan             Brown Turkey Fig                     Cuttings             Autumn            SAE/BACS/CreditCard     2nd class post
                   Orange flowering Nasturtiums      Seeds               Autumn
                   Eating Apples                           Fruit                 Autumn             you have to pick them! (Monmouth)
                   Plums (Wild)                             Fruit                Late Summer      you have to pick them! (Monmouth)

Ecogeorge     Runner Beans                           Seeds              now
                   Parsnips                                  Seeds              now
Other Items

Paulh_Boats   Secondhand Jiffy Bags                                      Any time                     ??                     2nd class post

Also recommended - http://www.realseeds.co.uk/ - a seed company that produces non-F1 seeds, so you have reliable plants from one generation to the next. They also encourage and show you how to harvest your own seeds.

To contact members with requests, please use 'private message' ('pm') facility on the forum.

If you have anything you'd like to add to the list, please post below or send me a message and I'll add it to the list
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 11:37:35 PM by Ivan » Logged
Bob

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 08:52:08 PM »

I have some available now.  Postage is about 1 and paypal is accepted.

It's not what you make, it's what you use that counts!
Brandon

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 12:03:07 AM »

ivan, are you not pickling your nasturtium seeds? they will provide you with "poor mans capers"

changing the world, one roof at a time.

Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of
high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and
skilful execution; It represents the wise choice of many
alternatives.
Ivan
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 12:46:55 AM »

Nah, never liked capers! I have heard you can eat them, but never fancied it. We do sometimes eat the leaves as salad - very nice, and even the flowers.
dhaslam

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 10:55:30 PM »

Trying to grow wild flower seeds.  The grass is too long  for them to establish  outside  and they are germinating very poorly inside.     Any tips on how to grow them?    I have put some poppy seeds from the garden in the freezer as well as  some  bought mixed seed. I have ordered some peat plugs, particularly for the poppy seeds  because they are so small.     

DHW 250 litre cylinder  60 X 47mm tubes
Heating  180,000 litre straw insulated seasonal store, 90X58mm tubes + 7 sqm flat collectors, 1 kW VAWT, 3 kW heatpump plus Walltherm gasifying stove
AndrewE

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 06:57:37 PM »

Nah, never liked capers! I have heard you can eat them, but never fancied it. We do sometimes eat the leaves as salad - very nice, and even the flowers.
They are very good chopped with pickled gherkins in mayonnaise: fresh Tartare sauce!
bxman

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 10:00:48 PM »

Lidl

reasonably priced seeds now available again 
 fine seeds  @ 29p each or 5 for a 1
 have worked for me the last few years
a   -1-     on the packet     

other larger seeds available
but at higher prices  with other numbers on the pack
still a great deal cheaper than elsewhere as far as I can see.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: