navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Octopus Energy Agile & GO Tariff analysis website  (Read 7291 times)
Fintray

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2019, 09:19:24 PM »

Hi Russ

Just waiting for my smart meter install to get on to the agile outgoing tariff, I'll let you know how I get on.

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!)
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Zarch

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2019, 09:58:32 AM »

As we are about to move into the new house I have just switched to Octopus from SSE and once on I believe the Smart Meter follows, been interesting reading the above (the bits I understood!) but what I want to try to do is progress to Agile (if possible) and program my Powerwall 2 to charge up (if needed) at certain cheap times.

At the moment I am just getting to grips with the PV and Tesla setup, I do know that in the last week 98% of the power used in the house is 'Self Generated', I know we aren't in yet but the ASHP is working along with the UFH and generally using 200 w which seems good. I know things will change once the Winter comes along so that's why I'm looking to get cheap rate charging on the battery and from what I can see above its a good possibility.

Still watching with interest!
Do keep us updated.

I think the key to making best use of these tariffs is the hardware/battery manufacturers software being up to the job.  ie charge when free (solar) or low price (Agile/Go) then export back when best price (agile outgoing).   And hopefully do all this in the background with little input.

17 x 300W panels on a 3.68 SolarEdge system in Sunny Sheffield.
Visit my Energy Stats UK website project showing historical and current energy data and graphs.
Currently big on data from Octopus Agile and Go tariffs.
Zarch

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2019, 01:04:25 PM »

As their Export tariff (Outgoing) is coming up to 3 months old I've updated the site to show up to 90 days data now.

https://www.energy-stats.uk/octopus-agile-outgoing-export/

Visit my Energy Stats UK website project showing historical and current energy data and graphs.
Zarch

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2019, 06:18:29 PM »

Agile pricing down as low at 1.68p per unit at 7am.

They'll be paying us to use it soon!!  Grin

https://www.energy-stats.uk/octopus-agile-yorkshire/

brackwell

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2019, 08:49:19 AM »

Wait till winter comes.
Zarch

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2019, 06:23:40 PM »

1.05p per unit coming up overnight..... must be super windy and those turbines meaning lots of surplus energy when most folk don't need it!

I'm sure it will still be windy in winter??

nowty

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2019, 07:40:41 PM »

1.05p per unit coming up overnight..... must be super windy and those turbines meaning lots of surplus energy when most folk don't need it!

I'm sure it will still be windy in winter??

Yes, generally more windy in winter but there will be a LOT more demand and less solar so normally higher prices.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 09:57:56 PM by nowty » Logged

11kW+ of PV installed and 56+ MWh generated.
Lithium battery storage of 50+ kWh.
Hot water storage of 15+ kWh.
Heat storage of 15+ kWh.
6kW Ground source heatpump.
EV BMW i3 (another 30+ kWh's of storage).
260,000+ litres of water harvested from underground river.
Home grown Fruit and Veg.
Zarch

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2019, 08:43:10 AM »

The Agile tariff is now over 18 months old and I was looking back and the history of the pricing yesterday.  Geek that I am!!  extrahappy

So, what's driving the price down?

• More renewables? ie 24hr wind contribution? and more Solar?
  • Overall downward trend in wholesale pricing? (driven by low gas prices?)
  • Octopus getting a better handle on pricing versus demand versus profitability?

Or a combination of everything? Cheesy

Zarch

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2019, 03:24:11 PM »

Been a while since I posted some Agile prices...... here's last night.

5p per unit for around 6 hours straight from midnight onwards.

This is certainly a growing trend.  extrahappy

citrus

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2019, 09:45:36 AM »

Also, does the 5.5p payment also apply to those on the older 3p plus inflation export tariff?

John,

I asked Octopus the following..... hope this helps.

"Another question about Outgoing tariffs. There are two FIT export tariffs dependant on install date. 

April 2010 to 30 July 2012: 3.82p
On or after 1 August 2012: 5.38p

Can pre-July 2012 installs join Outgoing? Do they get 5.5p per kWh / Agile pricing?"

Their reply was:

Ok, those are the FiT rates you’ve quoted there. Outgoing has just the two rates. You can switch to Outgoing (either 5.5 or Agile version) irrespective of which FiT rate you have. Hope that helps - but do drop us a DM / message if you have any questions & we can go through everything.

Bit late to this party but very interested in the numbers and will read and re-read this some more .

I have a 3.76kw install from August 2011 (croydon area) and been stuck with SSE since day one  .. but thinking of an EV car but the import/export looks like an interesting game to play.

oliver90owner

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2019, 01:09:04 PM »

Watch something like gridwatch.templar.  Fossil fuel usage is the driver, I think - apart from demand.
phoooby

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2019, 06:43:41 PM »

Octopus have now teamed up with Tesla to give an offering for those with a Tesla car, solar and powerwall. Not sure of the deatails of how it will work but they seem to have an import rate of 8p (24/7) and an export rate of 7p. I assume there will be some controls for them to export from powerwall to the grid at peak times but not sure how that will work and I am not even sure Tesla allow PW export. Its not for me as I dont have a Tesla wall box (the other requirement, even though it is a dumb charger). Currently using zappi and Go with 79%+ of peak times (0430 to 1230) covered by PV and powerwall. 

10.2kw Solar Edge PV. Tesla PW2, Myenergi Zappi and Eddi
Nissan Leaf 24 (gone)
Tesla Model S
Nissan env-200
88k ev miles and rising
6kw WBS
Zarch

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2019, 05:43:22 PM »

LOW, LOW, LOW.

One-third of a penny per unit tonight!!

citrus

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2019, 10:43:22 AM »

one question on this

I am still with SSE for my exports and have been since day 1

The octupus outgoing carrot  ... is the flat rate being higher than I currently make

"As the FiT Export rate is now 5.38pence and our flat rate is 5.5pence"

It doesnt look much of a carrot and trouble is what is to stop them trimming that down  at some future point ?
Westie

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2019, 11:32:01 AM »

one question on this

I am still with SSE for my exports and have been since day 1

The octupus outgoing carrot  ... is the flat rate being higher than I currently make

"As the FiT Export rate is now 5.38pence and our flat rate is 5.5pence"

It doesnt look much of a carrot and trouble is what is to stop them trimming that down  at some future point ?

IIRC for the remainder of your FiT agreement the export rate is index linked in the same way the generation rate is, so at 5.5p I see no incentive to switch at all.

4kwp south facing array  SMA 4000TL grid connected.  2x30tube Navitron solar thermal panels (east/west). Arada 5kw S/C WBS. 25000Ltr underground rain water tank. KTM E-Bike  Cool
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: