navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Octopus Energy Agile & GO Tariff analysis website  (Read 21163 times)
Aunat

« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2020, 10:58:35 AM »

I've been lurking for a few days now and not posted anything. I just wanted to say that you've gone above and beyond with your work on this, and many thanks for all the info. I was actually debating doing an excel comparison myself until I found this thread  Grin

Oddly I only came across Octopus just last week and I was debating changing my electricity provider to them, but the sticking factor for me is that I have 3 phase, and it's more than likely a long winded process to get them to install a smart meter, and ideally I don't want to go on their normal tariff for six weeks whilst they set it up, especially in January while I'm importing electricity. Come March and I'll be completely 'off-grid' and it'll be worth the swap from then on in.

I wonder why Octopus GO doesn't come up on MSE's energy club comparison? any idea?

20.075kW - 55 x 365W LG Neon R (East/South/West)
15kW SolarEdge
3 x Powerwall II
3 x Tesla Backup Gateway
Solar iBoost firmware v8
Tesla X 100D
nowty

« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2020, 01:13:00 PM »

I wonder why Octopus GO doesn't come up on MSE's energy club comparison? any idea?

Because its a Time Of Use (TOU) tariff and the MSE energy club comparison (and just about all others) can only do single rate or Economy 7 tariff comparisons.

12kW+ of PV installed and 60+ MWh's generated.
Home battery storage of 40+ kWh's.
Hot water storage of 15+ kWh's.
Heat storage of 15+ kWh's.
6kW Ground source heatpump.
EV BMW i3 (another 30+ kWh's of storage).
290,000+ litres of water harvested from underground river.
Aunat

« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2020, 02:48:23 PM »

Aha, well I guess that makes absolute perfect sense! Thanks for that Zarch Smiley

15kW SolarEdge
3 x Powerwall II
3 x Tesla Backup Gateway
Solar iBoost firmware v8
Tesla X 100D
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2020, 03:21:17 PM »

Is there anyone on this forum NOT on Octopus?!

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
oliver90owner

« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2020, 04:43:09 PM »

Iím not.  Donít use that much leccy.  Wife is not re-trainable, so doesnít/wonít take full advantage of E7 rates - and insists on using gulps of energy in the peak times
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 04:58:29 PM by oliver90owner » Logged
Aunat

« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2020, 04:53:21 PM »

Iím not.  Donít use that much leccy.  Wife is not re-trainable, so ,doesnít take advantage of E7 rates and insists on using gulps of energy in the peak times

I actually laughed out loud. Trade her in for a programmable one Wink

To be fair, that's why mine drives a diesel. She can't get her head around that you should (not must) charge the car every night, but the irony is, is that I fill it up for her.

I'm not on Octopus either, but considering the switch in the future...

15kW SolarEdge
3 x Powerwall II
3 x Tesla Backup Gateway
Solar iBoost firmware v8
Tesla X 100D
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2020, 05:25:42 PM »

Welcome Aunat!

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
phoooby

« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2020, 12:48:47 AM »

I'm Octopus and I have a non programmable wife.

I set her van charger to provide a 30 min boost between 4pm and 6pm in case she needs a bit more juice later in the day. I have told her this is for only "when needed". Get in tonight, van plugged in but has loads of range so the 30 min boost is not required. The 30 min boost empties the PW pretty quick so we went back to grid at 7pm and 5.5 hrs before off peak. I think I might have to cut the boost to 15 mins or threaten to spend the summer holiday money on another Powerwall. Come March and the afternoon boost will not be required and the PV will be keeping the PW topped up during the day. A peaceful summer with less danger of blowing my house fuse pulling 60+ kWh during the 4 hour off peak times.

10.2kw Solar Edge PV. Tesla PW2, Myenergi Zappi and Eddi
Nissan Leaf 24 (gone)
Tesla Model S
Nissan env-200
88k ev miles and rising
6kw WBS
Zarch

« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2020, 04:17:35 PM »

Price Plunge!!

Get paid over 3p per unit tonight!!   CRAZY!!

https://www.energy-stats.uk/

17 x 300W panels on a 3.68 SolarEdge system in Sunny Sheffield.
Visit my Energy Stats UK website project showing historical and current energy data and graphs.
Currently big on data from Octopus Agile and Go tariffs.
Fintray

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2020, 07:15:52 PM »

Hi Zarch

Been looking at the "How much could I earn each year?" section of your website and think the amounts you could earn depending on your consumption are the wrong way round. It shows that if you use only 10% of your generation you will only earn £5.50 rather than £49.50 if you use 90% of your generation.
Great site though and even one of the guys from Octopus recommended using it!

Ian

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!)
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Zarch

« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2020, 07:44:08 PM »

Hi Zarch

Been looking at the "How much could I earn each year?" section of your website and think the amounts you could earn depending on your consumption are the wrong way round. It shows that if you use only 10% of your generation you will only earn £5.50 rather than £49.50 if you use 90% of your generation.
Great site though and even one of the guys from Octopus recommended using it!

Ian

Thanks Ian...... fixed that one.... not sure how I ballsed that up!  facepalm

Visit my Energy Stats UK website project showing historical and current energy data and graphs.
Zarch

« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2020, 09:18:04 AM »

Agile tariff is two years old today..... here's what two years worth of minimum, average and maximum pricing looks like.

TT

« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2020, 06:26:05 PM »

What unit prices are Octopus giving for standard tariffs?

I plugged in my details and my current provider was roughly the same - British Gas, so no point in changing and going through the usual direct debit hassle.

Is it the time of use option thatís the draw.

RIT

South West London

« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2020, 06:41:12 PM »

Is it the time of use option thatís the draw.

Both their Agile (TOU) and Go (E7 like, but for I think 5 hours) tariffs with the proper smart meter integration are the main interests for forum members. They both allow for integration with home generation solutions and are 'fun' for those of us with spare time. Even without many of the toys others have I've seen my average energy costs drop from about 14p kWh to 9p with little risk as Octopus has no switch fee in place - so if things change I can move away in 3-4 weeks.

2.4kW PV system, output can be seen at  - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=49083

Join the fight against human malware at https://stats.foldingathome.org/team/259956

Why bother? - well, there is no planet B
TT

« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2020, 07:27:20 PM »

How does the price drop from 14 p to 9 p, sorry Iím not following👍
Appreciate your time in explaining this RIT
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: