navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Octopus Energy Agile & GO Tariff analysis website  (Read 7577 times)
Westie

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2019, 12:05:50 PM »

Hmmm..  I just realised that I've ended up with Octopus by default as they've just acquired Co-op energy, who had previously acquired UK Power and Flow Energy. 

So, how could i utilise their Agile tarrif,  is there a system available to trigger devices capable of storing the cheap energy eg. storage heating, water heating, battery storage?

Seems to be a huge potential here if such a system could be allied with a short term weather forecast to predict likley energy demand in the next 24H.

4kwp south facing array  SMA 4000TL grid connected.  2x30tube Navitron solar thermal panels (east/west). Arada 5kw S/C WBS. 25000Ltr underground rain water tank. KTM E-Bike  Cool
dan_b

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2019, 12:29:47 PM »

Agile will at a minimum send you text messages to tell you what the pricing is going to be so you get direct reminiders/instructions that it might be a good idea to turn on the tumble dryer at 3am.
Octopus has made its API open to people so you can develop your own apps to control smart devices in response to Octopus pricing data using If This Then That.
If you have an EV, I think you can make smart chargers like Zappi and/or the Ohme Smart cable work to automatically charge your car when its cheap.

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
Countrypaul

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2019, 12:37:57 PM »

Agile will at a minimum send you text messages to tell you what the pricing is going to be so you get direct reminiders/instructions that it might be a good idea to turn on the tumble dryer at 3am.

But probably not a good if you have a tumble dryer made by Whirlpool...  sh*tfan

(Can't see a house burning icon)
dan_b

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2019, 02:11:28 PM »

hysteria

But probably not a good if you have a tumble dryer made by Whirlpool...  sh*tfan

(Can't see a house burning icon)

4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
brackwell

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2019, 02:26:17 PM »

If you have an EV, I think you can make smart chargers like Zappi and/or the Ohme Smart cable work to automatically charge your car when its cheap.

Can one ? never heard that mentioned.
Westie

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2019, 04:20:15 PM »

Can one ? never heard that mentioned.

Seems so.....     

https://www.octopusev.com/

I'm impressed that Octopus really seem to be getting stuck in.

4kwp south facing array  SMA 4000TL grid connected.  2x30tube Navitron solar thermal panels (east/west). Arada 5kw S/C WBS. 25000Ltr underground rain water tank. KTM E-Bike  Cool
brackwell

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2019, 05:16:00 PM »

I was a bit bored until i found this

"Unfortunately, we do not yet support solar integrations, but we are working on it."

Imagine if they could take notice of solar and import/export house flows as well !

Ken
Zarch

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2019, 03:02:58 PM »

one question on this

I am still with SSE for my exports and have been since day 1

The octupus outgoing carrot  ... is the flat rate being higher than I currently make

"As the FiT Export rate is now 5.38pence and our flat rate is 5.5pence"

It doesnt look much of a carrot and trouble is what is to stop them trimming that down  at some future point ?

One would 'assume' that Octopus would also increase there rate in line with the FIT rate.  It wouldn't make any sense to fall behind the FIT rate.

Also, the number one differential between FIT and Octopus is deemed 50%.
FIT is Deemed 50%
Octopus is actual export...... so if you don't use much of what you generate there is something to consider there.

17 x 300W panels on a 3.68 SolarEdge system in Sunny Sheffield.
Visit my Energy Stats UK website project showing historical and current energy data and graphs.
Currently big on data from Octopus Agile and Go tariffs.
Zarch

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2019, 08:31:05 AM »

The latest fruits of my coding labour is a new Twitter account (@energystatsuk) that tweets out and graphs the next days Octopus Agile tariff data each evening.

https://twitter.com/energystatsuk

Its work in progress, so if anyone has any thoughts or comments please let me know.

17 x 300W panels on a 3.68 SolarEdge system in Sunny Sheffield.
Visit my Energy Stats UK website project showing historical and current energy data and graphs.
Currently big on data from Octopus Agile and Go tariffs.
dan_b

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2019, 09:00:07 AM »

Nice!

4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: