navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pellet Prices  (Read 2575 times)
jtp10000

« on: August 12, 2019, 10:00:58 AM »

My South Surrey pellet prices have just gone up. First time in 5 years so I am not complaining. I am now at £229 + VAT per tonne up from £219.

Would be interested to know what others are paying around the country.

I was sad last time to be told a lot of the pellets come from Russia, there I was thinking local waste wood could be used. So the exchange rate can't be helping.
Philip R

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 10:35:24 AM »

There are great wildfires burning in the arctic regions of Russia, Greenland, Canada and Alaska, certainly there were ladt week.
The forests are so sparsely populated and not managed.
I heard a figure of 220Mt of CO2 had entered the atmosphere from these fires as of last week. So burning some of these for power generation seems reasonable, so long as the transportation energy inputs are not excessive.
Russia has plenty of hydrocarbons which it would prefer to export before they become stranded assets, not fetching a good market price.
Only a short while ago, the uk was buying kusbas coal from western Siberia. But cannot see woodchip being economical at this distance.
Philip R
chasfromnorfolk

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 01:13:14 PM »

Here (Norfolk) I last paid £333 inc vat, so a considerable mark-up on Surrey - though I donít do a lot of shopping around. There are variables, of course... what Ďsuitsí your boiler, bulk or bagged, reliability. That price is for a full tonne of 100 x 10kg bags of Balcas Brites, hand unloaded by supplier via wheelbarrow into my store - about fourteen 50m round trips from the small truck - and a premium Iím prepared to pay.

The last lot I got delivered to the nearest artic point were just under £300, but I have to transfer to my trailer, drive them to the house and transfer to the store. Balcas again.

Chas
jtp10000

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 02:26:08 PM »

my price is bulk blown into the store so should be quite a bit less!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: