navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inverter Question  (Read 843 times)
merkland

« on: July 21, 2019, 12:02:52 PM »

We had 3.5Kw of PV installed in 2011. On Friday the Inverter an Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-UK failed Err EO31
I have contacted my installer, who is still in business to see what they suggest, guessing a new inverter costing probably 500 upwards!
Have been doing a bit of searching online and find I could get a replacement of the same model(second hand) delivered for 220, probably limited warranty if any. Swap the inverters over and send the old one for repair, quoted 110 for repair and carriage both ways. This would give me a spare for any future failure!
What would you consider to be the best option new with 5year? warranty or refurbished at half the cost?
I am well over the "three score years plus ten" so it is debatable as to what the next failure might be!

merkland.

200w wind turbine grid tied, 1x175w PV grid tie or to batteries,
2x55w PV to batteries, 24vx440ah battery bank. 3.5Kw grid tie (14xSanyo 250w facing 160degrees at 80 degrees inclination, Aurora 3.6 inverter), 2xflat panel water heating (for over 30 years )
Countrypaul

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 12:59:13 PM »

Why not just get yours repaired? What warrantee do they give on the repaired one? If they can't repair it then you obviously have to decide which way to go, but by the time it fails again (if it does) replacements might be significantly less expensive anyway.
merkland

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 04:34:30 PM »

Its all about what is going to be quickest and best way to get system working again.

merkland.

2x55w PV to batteries, 24vx440ah battery bank. 3.5Kw grid tie (14xSanyo 250w facing 160degrees at 80 degrees inclination, Aurora 3.6 inverter), 2xflat panel water heating (for over 30 years )
Countrypaul

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 04:50:59 PM »

Well if quickest is the issue you need to get some idea of how long each option will take. Even if you are missing an inverter for a week, you could easily work out how much lost FIT/export that would cost you.  I have no idea on the turn around for repairs, and you have not given any (3 days, a week, a fornight, a month?), how long would delivery be on a new one or the second hand one. In all cases who will be fitting it, you are do you need to get an electrician, if so what lead time? No point in paying for next morning delivery (if they give that option) and finding that your man is then on holiday for 3 weeks!
ecogeorge

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 09:28:18 PM »

Read here -(you may already have) .http://www.hembrow.eu/electronics/abbpoweroneaurorainverter.html
-Buys relay online.
- Remove pcb yourself -label wires and take photos as you do.
-send printed copy of hyperlink with pcb with new relays to a local electronics repairer (can recommend one )
Cost me less than 30 including return postage .48 hrs .
George.
Nickel2

Method mixed with Madness

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 08:19:31 AM »

Is there a commonality between these two threads regarding the fault/error code E031?

https://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,30838.msg347519/topicseen.html#msg347519

https://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,30837.msg347510/topicseen.html#msg347510

Possibly due to the same cause, CR2032 battery, 2.50 in most chemists and supermarkets.

??

1.140kW mono south-facing at 49*
EpEver 4210A at 24v
24V 400 Ah battery. (4x200Ah FLA)
EpEver STI1000-24-230 pure sine inverter
Of course it'll work. (It hasn't caught fire yet).
merkland

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 11:17:38 AM »

Just an update on this post.
Original installer no longer does PV and declined to help. Two other local installers were not interested in replacing a faulty inverter.
Was in the throes of searching ebay for a suitable replacement when I came across another repair advert from someone just 20 minutes away, delivered inverter there last night - arrangement is no repair possible then no charge!

merkland.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: