navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Resurrecting an old Thermomax panel & SMT100 controller  (Read 4152 times)
cornishben

« on: June 24, 2019, 08:36:42 PM »

I'm after some advice if that's ok.  I've installed a couple of Navitron evacuated tube collectors with TDC3 controllers in our past couple of properties which both worked well.

We're about to have a small pellet boiler installed and will have a solar coil in the tank.  I bought an old Thermomax collector second hand for 50 from someone who was renovating a house and having dormers installed

I also managed to salvage an old SMT100 controller, thermomax pump and expansion vessel.  The collector has a temperature sensor but I realised afterwards that I didn't salvage the temperature sensor from the HW cylinder..

So I wondered if anyone had experience with this collector/controller, any advice on where to get a spare sensor or two for the cylinder and any advice on a standard plumbing setup ?

Many thanks!
jonsamcor

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 09:17:31 PM »

I have the manual for the controller .....and might have the remnants of a sensor pulled out just this weekend .....will let you know.....

Rural Co. Down, Proven 6kw Turbine, GSHP, Thermomax Tubes....and Total lack of technical or useful knowledge
jonsamcor

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 09:18:38 PM »

I have 2 of these on my house am in the process of arranging a service ......

Rural Co. Down, Proven 6kw Turbine, GSHP, Thermomax Tubes....and Total lack of technical or useful knowledge
cornishben

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 09:36:55 PM »

I have the manual for the controller .....and might have the remnants of a sensor pulled out just this weekend .....will let you know.....

Thanks Jon!
Tigger

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 01:55:24 PM »

The sensor appears to be a bog-standard PT100 sensor available for a few pounds on eBay

Here's the manual:

http://www.thermomax.com/Downloads/SMT%20100%20Manual.pdf

Ian.

30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
jonsamcor

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 10:36:27 AM »

I dug out 2 tank stats I will send a picture over the weekend to show and see if they are any use to you and if they are I can mail them on Monday

cornishben

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 02:22:28 PM »

I dug out 2 tank stats I will send a picture over the weekend to show and see if they are any use to you and if they are I can mail them on Monday
That's brilliant many thanks. No rush from my side, I haven't got the panel on the roof yet
jonsamcor

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 09:15:05 PM »

Are these any use ?
Jonny

cornishben

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2019, 04:11:37 PM »

yes they would be great many many thanks!   would you like to PM me for my address perhaps ?  thanks again Ben
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: