navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EDF EV Tarriff  (Read 3609 times)
Quakered

« on: July 16, 2019, 03:00:28 PM »

I hope I am not teach my collective grandparents on this board how to suck eggs, but EDF have recently launched a Tariff for EV owners. I heard about it at the Fully Charged Show at Silverstone last month(?).The cheap rate is 8.01p per KWH, 17.18p per KWH for peak and 28.8p per day standing charge. The killer benefit is the off peak runs from 21:30 to 7:30 during the week and 24 hours on Saturday and Sunday. You need to provide proof that you have an EV. They also did not charge me the 30 cancellation fee on the Economy 7 that I signed up for before the new tariff was announce - good on 'un!

Patrick

No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford

3.2kw PV and Tesla Powerwall
Jaguar I Pace
brackwell

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 06:52:05 PM »

Do those prices include VAT ?
nowty

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 07:48:36 PM »

https://www.edfenergy.com/electric-cars/options/tariffs

I think they have to include VAT these days as dictated by Ofgem.

This is quite something cos it would mean me able to run my heatpump during the winter every weekend all day and some extra hours during the week. I have halved my gas useage running my heatpump with E7 and this would probably half it again.

11kW+ of PV installed and 56+ MWh generated.
Lithium battery storage of 50+ kWh.
Hot water storage of 15+ kWh.
Heat storage of 15+ kWh.
6kW Ground source heatpump.
EV BMW i3 (another 30+ kWh's of storage).
260,000+ litres of water harvested from underground river.
Home grown Fruit and Veg.
phoooby

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 10:20:45 PM »

Nice long off peak period. I have just switched to GO and am charging both EV's and cramming other white good use into the 4 hours. Also running the immersion over night as boiler on the blink again and its only 10 years old.

edit. I was with Scottish power who have also release an EV tariff with 4.7p for 5 hours per night. Despite several calls, they were not able to give me the peak rate so I didn't go with them.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 10:23:57 PM by phoooby » Logged

10.2kw Solar Edge PV. Tesla PW2, Myenergi Zappi and Eddi
Nissan Leaf 24 (gone)
Tesla Model S
Nissan env-200
88k ev miles and rising
6kw WBS
Quakered

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 07:40:05 AM »

Yes, can confirm the prices include VAT and having he new meter installed today to stat the Tarriff. Deeply impressed with the 4.7p rate but fear 4 hours would not be enough to charge our car.

Patrick

No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford

3.2kw PV and Tesla Powerwall
Jaguar I Pace
phoooby

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 01:59:34 PM »

4.7p is the Scottish power rate. I am on 5p with Octopus Go. My electric take from the grid is hitting 20kw at 12.30 with both cars on charge, immersion and the Tesla PW filling itself a bit to cover the 4.30am to 6am period without solar. I have set the PW to cost saving and so far am managing to get 90-95% of my peak (0430 - 0030) from solar and powerwall.

Nissan Leaf 24 (gone)
Tesla Model S
Nissan env-200
88k ev miles and rising
6kw WBS
dan_b

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 02:02:26 PM »

Can you get a higher power car charger fitted? 7kW would see you dump 28kWh into your car for that 4 hour period which is a fair amount?  The new Zappi has a 7kW version and has a timer function.

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
phoooby

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 11:44:42 PM »

Already running 2 x zappi's. 28kWh in each car is fine. Fills the env200 and adds about 90 miles to the Tesla which is more than enough. The cars take any excess via the Zappi when they are plugged in but that is usually late morning onward when the PW has been filled and the water heated. I have self consumed 95% of my solar so far this year which I am happy about as I am on the last FIT rate which doesn't pay much.

Nissan Leaf 24 (gone)
Tesla Model S
Nissan env-200
88k ev miles and rising
6kw WBS
dan_b

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 09:18:03 AM »

Sounds like you're doing pretty well then - charge on!

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: