navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 20 CO2 polluters  (Read 2158 times)
dickster

« on: October 11, 2019, 11:42:52 AM »

So I actually bought a Grauniad yesterday to find out who the top polluters were. Oil companies, coal industry etc etc.

Lots of info, too much to read in a lunchtime, but it seems that we can happily blame multi national companies for our plight, which must mean, of course, that it's not our fault! Hurrah! Cheesy

Didn't notice anywhere that the customers should take a share of the blame, only that the top 20 were evil, because they knew and kept secret the effects of their endeavours.

However, I sort of knew and kept it a secret from myself at the same time. Admittedly, I cut back a bit on energy usage as time went by, but wasn't prepared to accept a tumultuous change in my lifestyle to help the planet.

I know that once you've spent massive amounts on setting up an industry, you naturally want to encourage consumers to buy your product. Those consumers are only too happy to oblige.

It's up to us to tell our governments to tell the top 20 to stop it. Then the top 20 can tell us we've got to pay more for our cleaner energy, then we can tell our them and our governments that we don't want to. Until a penny drops, here and there and things start to change. One or two pennies have dropped just recently, there's still time, there's still hope.

Just my twopence worth  laugh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: