navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evance R9000. DIY servicing  (Read 2004 times)
Gareth J

« on: September 06, 2019, 12:50:46 PM »

Over the last couple years I've been servicing our 5kW R9000 myself.

Just wondering if anyone else does their own and if so, would care to share experience.
And indeed a source for parts. I'm waiting on Britwind for a quote for some bits but they didn't sound too keen to help. I expect I'll end up making my own basic stuff and ordering off the shelf standard parts.

Having just replaced the pitch bearings, I'm trialing a set of seals that'll hopefully help keep water out.

The major thing this year has been the tail tubes. It looks like the inside of the 80x40mm box section tubes that hold the tail on had little to no rust prevention on the inside from new. The fore mounting point for the plywood tail had almost corroded through. For this year, I've cut out a section and replaced it, then taped the holes and sloshed some cavity wax through them but I'll likely end up remaking them in the future. I would say it's worth getting these pipes looked at carefully by whoever does the servicing. I'm not sure if it would be the worst failure if it happened in situ but less than ideal for sure.

Anyway, any input appreciated and am happy to share my own.
Gareth J

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 06:08:09 PM »

Well, it seems not!

If someone stumbles across this thread in the future, happy to help if I can. Will be keeping this machine going as far a practical for the foreseeable.
rogeriko

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 10:56:36 PM »

You would have more luck posting on the farming forum in the renewables section.

Gareth J

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 11:22:55 AM »

Thank, good suggestion
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: