navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TopGear on the updated Renault Zoe - "iPace range for supermini price"  (Read 4785 times)
GarethC

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2019, 10:54:03 AM »

EVs are so nearly nearly there though aren't they? I reckon when they genuinely do 200 miles to a charge (about 60kWh battery it seems) for about 25k new (and therefore pretty affordable when second hand), and come in all shapes and sizes (estate -please-), sales will really take off. They're not -quite- there yet, but I'm hoping it's two years before these come to market rather than five.
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2019, 11:29:49 AM »

I think the tipping point is almost here yes- in the coming year we see the launch of a host of relatively small, relatively affordable BEVs with decent real-world ranges (give or take).  Guess it's all about the price of entry.

Honda-E
Hyundai Ioniq Mk2
MG ZS-EV
Mini-E
Peugeot e-208
Vauxhall Corsa-E
VW e-UP! Mk2
VW iD3

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
GarethC

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2019, 12:07:26 PM »

I'd add Seat El Born to that list, due next year, which is promised as 225 mile range (62kWh battery) for 28k (post current incentive), which makes it about 5k less than the Kona for a fairly roomy car. Will believe it when I see it, but if it matches those specs it would be great.
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2019, 12:12:33 PM »

Oh yes I'd forgotten about that. Wonder if it'll be based on the VW iD3 or if it's an eGolf platform?

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
GarethC

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2019, 04:58:54 PM »

https://insideevs.com/news/364080/peugeot-e-208sale-price/

25k, albeit with incentive, but no battery lease I think. 50kWh battery, so probably 175 miles true range in reasonable conditions. And I think 100kW peak charging. Getting there... Slightly better buy than Zoe perhaps?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 05:02:41 PM by GarethC » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: