navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone running lux AC inverter, or Tesla powerwall  (Read 9262 times)
scobo

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2020, 08:45:41 PM »

Thanks! So there's definitely a newer one than I'm running. I'll see what my supplier has to say I guess.
If I remember correctly, the guy a Think Renewables said the update is done by Lux but your supplier should be able to contact them for you.
They did ours within an hour or so of me speaking to Think Renewables.
One other thing I noticed after the update was that the battery SOH on the web interface was reporting correctly. Previously, it didn't show any value.

System size : 2.88kw
Panels : 12xREC 240W
Inverter : Fronius IG30
7.2kwh Pylontech batteries & Lux ac controller
Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2020, 09:54:09 PM »

How much to basically build your own home battery system these days? Seems like hardware and software as well as batteries have all improved and come down in price rather a lot?

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
Joereynolds89

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2020, 10:01:50 PM »

I spent 5400+VAT on 19.2kWh of Pylons and Parrallel AC Lux (7.2kWh charge/discharge) if its just an idea you're looking for.
scobo

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2020, 07:17:44 AM »

Lux ac controller 780, 4.8kwh Pylontech batteries 1400 and 400 for installation.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 02:12:23 PM by scobo » Logged

Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
Solarchaser

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2020, 06:49:44 PM »

Joey are you finding the lux running parallel are working properly?

Is it a specific model you have (can you share the model number) and are they linked together with patch cables etc?

I have 2 lux which im told can run parallel without issue, but mine are certainly not running parallel, getting the situation of one discharging to charge the other etc.... if i wanted that id have stuck with the sofars.
kdmnx

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2020, 07:10:09 PM »

Joey are you finding the lux running parallel are working properly?

Is it a specific model you have (can you share the model number) and are they linked together with patch cables etc?

I have 2 lux which im told can run parallel without issue, but mine are certainly not running parallel, getting the situation of one discharging to charge the other etc.... if i wanted that id have stuck with the sofars.

My understanding is that you need some special firmware to get Lux inverters running properly in parallel.

12x JA Solar 340Wp panels (total 4080Wp)
Lux Power inverter charger
5x PylonTech 2000 2.4kWh batteries (total 12kWh (11kWh usable))
twds

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2020, 08:01:48 PM »

I contacted Think Renewables this week who sold me the Lux controller and they updated the firmware which they said should reduce the amount of import. Apparently, the latest firmware improves the sampling.
It seems to have reduced the import while discharging to around 20watts or less but we're still importing 60watts while the battery is charging from surplus pv.
I'll keep an eye on it for a few more days before contacting Think Renewables again.
Still no further forward with trying to make sense of some of the more cryptic settings.

Would you mind sharing which version your inverter is reporting for this? You can see it on the screen in the topleft if you press up/down arrow a few times, it reports a few figures.. mine are, for reference:

CLAH: 0010
CLAL: 0998
SOFH: 8AAA
SOFL: 1010

Not sure what they all mean but between them they're the version numbers of the firmware the inverter is running. Would be interested to know if yours are different. I've asked my supplier if there's any updates as well.

Did you by any chance get access to the update file as I could just do it myself if I had it.

LUX - LXP3600 AC Controller from Homeswitch/Think Renewables
@ 657 inc VAT delivered.

8 X Pylontech US2000 batteries @ 602 plus VAT (Total 400AH)
from Segen.

Two X Bosch BPT-S 3.68 Single Phase String inverter @ amazing price of 150.00 each. Clearout  when Bosch left the inverter market.
scobo

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2020, 08:08:55 PM »

I contacted Think Renewables this week who sold me the Lux controller and they updated the firmware which they said should reduce the amount of import. Apparently, the latest firmware improves the sampling.
It seems to have reduced the import while discharging to around 20watts or less but we're still importing 60watts while the battery is charging from surplus pv.
I'll keep an eye on it for a few more days before contacting Think Renewables again.
Still no further forward with trying to make sense of some of the more cryptic settings.

Would you mind sharing which version your inverter is reporting for this? You can see it on the screen in the topleft if you press up/down arrow a few times, it reports a few figures.. mine are, for reference:

CLAH: 0010
CLAL: 0998
SOFH: 8AAA
SOFL: 1010

Not sure what they all mean but between them they're the version numbers of the firmware the inverter is running. Would be interested to know if yours are different. I've asked my supplier if there's any updates as well.

Did you by any chance get access to the update file as I could just do it myself if I had it.

Lux don't let you update yourself, it has to be pushed by them. Your supplier should be able to arrange it for you.
Firmware version is on the web portal under configuration/inverters.

image upload

Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
twds

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2020, 08:11:55 PM »

Hi,
Have just has my software updated by Lux in China. Did within 12 hours of me asking them direct.

One thing I cannot find on the new firmware is SOH. Can someone point to me where that is.

One nice new facility on the inverter from the software update is the front display panel now show AH capacity of the Pylontech batteries. I am running 8 and it shows 400 AH.

Just checked, and its now showing.

@ 657 inc VAT delivered.

from Segen.

Two X Bosch BPT-S 3.68 Single Phase String inverter @ amazing price of 150.00 each. Clearout  when Bosch left the inverter market.
scobo

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2020, 08:14:02 PM »

Hi,
Have just has my software updated by Lux in China. Did within 12 hours of me asking them direct.

One thing I cannot find on the new firmware is SOH. Can someone point to me where that is.

One nice new facility on the inverter from the software update is the front display panel now show AH capacity of the Pylontech batteries. I am running 8 and it shows 400 AH.

Just checked, and its now showing.

See the pic I posted above, it's under configuration/inverters.

Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
twds

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2020, 08:22:12 PM »

Many thanks. Have found it.

@ 657 inc VAT delivered.

from Segen.

Solarchaser

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2020, 04:28:24 PM »

Can I ask how u contacted Lux?
I used the email address within the app after having no joy with the supplier :-( but that was a week ago, and still nothing.

Kdmnx, I was under the same belief, but think renewables told me the standard ones work fine as long as they have the same mains connections,  said he had several customers running two..... the download on the infinity site suggests the same..... however they ain't working in parallel,  and no-one has so far sent me an update.
scobo

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2020, 04:37:29 PM »

Can I ask how u contacted Lux?
I used the email address within the app after having no joy with the supplier :-( but that was a week ago, and still nothing.

Kdmnx, I was under the same belief, but think renewables told me the standard ones work fine as long as they have the same mains connections,  said he had several customers running two..... the download on the infinity site suggests the same..... however they ain't working in parallel,  and no-one has so far sent me an update.

Hi Solar, are you the same username on Money Saving Expert ? (I'm EV&PV on there).
My supplier (Mike @ Think Renewables) contacted Lux for me. They did the firmware update the same day.

Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
scobo

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2020, 04:41:08 PM »

Here's the email address I used to contact Think Renewables ..... sales@homeswitch.co.uk
They seem to also go under the name Home Switch ..... https://www.homeswitch.co.uk/

Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
Solarchaser

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2020, 04:57:58 PM »

Yes mate, same name on both, I had wondered if you were Ev and PV, due to location and lux +batts. (Small community)

Yeah they go by more than one name.(no idea why)

In fact having visited their warehouse to pick up batteries and seeing links between companies,  there's at least another two.

Thanks for the emails, I have them already, good of you to supply them incase I didn't 👌

I've phoned, text and emailed Mike/Michael/Mick... I have a history with them which up till now was positive, and I've recommended them to many, but for the last 3 weeks, not so much of the positive.
Was told I'd get a call back when Naomi answered the phone last week, but nothing.

I'm hoping it's just a blip, and they are just super busy, but I can't help feeling pretty disappointed as time goes on.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: