navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone running lux AC inverter, or Tesla powerwall  (Read 9260 times)
scobo

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2020, 05:06:56 PM »

Yes mate, same name on both, I had wondered if you were Ev and PV, due to location and lux +batts. (Small community)

Yeah they go by more than one name.(no idea why)

In fact having visited their warehouse to pick up batteries and seeing links between companies,  there's at least another two.

Thanks for the emails, I have them already, good of you to supply them incase I didn't 👌

I've phoned, text and emailed Mike/Michael/Mick... I have a history with them which up till now was positive, and I've recommended them to many, but for the last 3 weeks, not so much of the positive.
Was told I'd get a call back when Naomi answered the phone last week, but nothing.

I'm hoping it's just a blip, and they are just super busy, but I can't help feeling pretty disappointed as time goes on.

Strange, Mike has always been pretty prompt at getting back to me.
They've maybe had to shut shop due to the virus and/or got folk off sick ??
Although you'd think he might still have access to their emails at home ??

System size : 2.88kw
Panels : 12xREC 240W
Inverter : Fronius IG30
7.2kwh Pylontech batteries & Lux ac controller
Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
twds

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2020, 06:05:20 PM »

I am afraid I fell out with Think Renewables in a big way last year. Their customer service was rubbish, and although I had opened an account and order an inverter online (solely because they took credit cards), as soon as my Trust Pilot review was published, its still there, they closed my online account and never allowed me back in. I could not work out the connection, because their invoice was from Homeswitch.

However I have contacted Lux Power direct using the email address info@luxpowertech.com and also a person at canhao.chen@luxpowertek.com
did the actual software upgrade, and when I had a query about not being able to see SOH, they replied almost immediately.

Lux Power themselves are extremely helpful, but their so called UK sole distributors are useless.

LUX - LXP3600 AC Controller from Homeswitch/Think Renewables
@ £657 inc VAT delivered.

8 X Pylontech US2000 batteries @ £602 plus VAT (Total 400AH)
from Segen.

Two X Bosch BPT-S 3.68 Single Phase String inverter @ amazing price of £150.00 each. Clearout  when Bosch left the inverter market.
scobo

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2020, 06:09:57 PM »

However I have contacted Lux Power direct using the email address info@luxpowertech.com and also a person at canhao.chen@luxpowertek.com
did the actual software upgrade, and when I had a query about not being able to see SOH, they replied almost immediately.

Lux Power themselves are extremely helpful, but their so called UK sole distributors are useless.

That's good to know, cheers.
Can I ask what firmware version yours is on ?
I was told by TR recently that mine is up to date but I'm not so sure as I've seen someone mention what looked like a newer version.

Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
Solarchaser

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2020, 06:15:06 PM »

Thanks very much, I'd already emailed the info one with no reply, but I've now forwarded to the other email you provided,  hopefully I'll hear back quickly.
twds

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2020, 06:16:22 PM »

The firmware they updated to was BAAa-0F0F.

Under configuration, inverters, it now shows the AH capacity of the batteries, and the SOH. (State of Health).

Its such a good product, I just wish they would get a professional distributor in UK such as Segen or Wind & Sun or Navitron.

from Segen.

Two X Bosch BPT-S 3.68 Single Phase String inverter @ amazing price of £150.00 each. Clearout  when Bosch left the inverter market.
scobo

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2020, 06:21:33 PM »

The firmware they updated to was BAAa-0F0F.

Under configuration, inverters, it now shows the AH capacity of the batteries, and the SOH. (State of Health).

Its such a good product, I just wish they would get a professional distributor in UK such as Segen or Wind & Sun or Navitron.

Cheers.
As I thought, mine is still on BAAA-0E0E.
I was also told Lux would push the latest updates automatically, but clearly not so.
I'll try the email address you posted too. 👍
Be easier if we could just do the updates ourselves.
Did you notice any other changes with that update ?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 06:23:04 PM by scobo » Logged

Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
twds

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2020, 06:23:27 PM »

I was also told by Think Renewables that the software would be updated automatically. It wasn't.

That the only main changes I have noticed so far, but as with any technology I always like the latest software.

from Segen.

twds

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2020, 11:54:55 AM »

How do you get your system size details etc showing on posts.. I cannot work out how to do it.

from Segen.

john999boy

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2020, 12:00:33 PM »

How do you get your system size details etc showing on posts.. I cannot work out how to do it.
Look under Profile and there's a link in one of the sub menus.

8.46kWp solar PV - 169° - 40° slope - 53°N. Immersun fuelled DHW.
twds

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2020, 06:13:47 PM »

Could you post a screenshot, because I still cannot find it. Many thanks.

from Segen.

scobo

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2020, 06:21:46 PM »

Could you post a screenshot, because I still cannot find it. Many thanks.

Go to Forum Profile Information in the menu down the left side.

Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
mbeast

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2020, 06:57:13 PM »

just had my firmware upgrade via manufacturer in china as think renewables doesn't seem interested when I contact them for the last 6 months over.
hopefully now my zero export will be zero from both inverters, only problem I noticed so far is once 1 inverter has charged up its batteries to 100% instead of the solar power going to the other inverter to charge the batteries on that it decides to restrict the amount of solar on that inverter.

why on earth they can not both charge and discharge at the same rate on both inverters is beyond me.  banghead

2 x LXP5K Hybrid Inverter's
6 x Pylontech US3000 Batteries
40 x 285w Panels
scobo

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2020, 07:04:47 PM »

just had my firmware upgrade via manufacturer in china as think renewables doesn't seem interested when I contact them for the last 6 months over.

I've given up on them now too and go straight to Lux in China.
They told me I was on the most recent firmware when I new for a fact I wasn't.
I get the feeling they just can't be įrsed once they've got your money, despite boasting of uk support on their site.

Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
Caesium

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2020, 07:28:37 PM »

Just waiting for them to get to me for a firmware update here too. Gave them the inverter serial and datalog serial, but not heard anything back yet. It was only on Saturday so I'll be patient. Do you guys just email their info@luxpowertek.com address with success?

3.99kWp Solar PV :: LXP3600ACS + 14.4kWh Pylontech US2000
Ruby LXP Packet Library
Octopus Agile/LuxPower inverter integration script
mbeast

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2020, 07:40:15 PM »

Just waiting for them to get to me for a firmware update here too. Gave them the inverter serial and datalog serial, but not heard anything back yet. It was only on Saturday so I'll be patient. Do you guys just email their info@luxpowertek.com address with success?

thats the one, I also find using facebook messenger direct to LuxPower technology Co.,Ltd, inverter manufacture to be the quickest and you know when they've seen your messages.

HTH

Mark

2 x LXP5K Hybrid Inverter's
6 x Pylontech US3000 Batteries
40 x 285w Panels
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: