navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone running lux AC inverter, or Tesla powerwall  (Read 31814 times)
Solarchaser

« Reply #255 on: December 30, 2020, 01:15:16 PM »

Applied the latest update which appears to be 0404.
Now its only been a couple of days, but it appears I have actual parallel operation.

The inverters have been no more than 10% difference from each other, and each inverter has some of the load at all times.

Will monitor for a couple of weeks and report back.

It's been a few weeks and I confirm they are working very well in parallel,  no complaints.
Loads are shared between both, not necessarily equally, but within 10% of each other, and are varied accordingly.
In the last few weeks both stacks have maintained no more than 10% difference in state of charge, which is great.

I didn't want them to be constantly switching to try and maintain exactly the same load or SOC, so I am pretty darn happy with how they are behaving.
TheMaster

« Reply #256 on: January 03, 2021, 05:52:37 AM »

Now its only been a couple of days, but it appears I have actual parallel operation.

The inverters have been no more than 10% difference from each other, and each inverter has some of the load at all times.

It's been a few weeks and I confirm they are working very well in parallel,  no complaints.
Loads are shared between both, not necessarily equally, but within 10% of each other, and are varied accordingly.
In the last few weeks both stacks have maintained no more than 10% difference in state of charge, which is great.

I didn't want them to be constantly switching to try and maintain exactly the same load or SOC, so I am pretty darn happy with how they are behaving.

Good to hear Solarchaser

Roof mount 9 x QCells Q.PEAK DUO panels 340w (3.06kW) 6 South/3 West
Solaredge Inv 3kW
Ground mount 18 x Canadian Solar 365w panels (6.57kW) South
Solaredge Inv 6kW
27 Power optimisers
Total solar 9.63kW
LuxPower Inv
6 x PylonTech 2.4kWh batteries Total 14.4kWh (12.96kWh usable)
Ecodan ASHP
DaveF

« Reply #257 on: January 04, 2021, 11:56:42 AM »

Hi All,

Just to give a further update. My unit has been and continues to work as expected however, I am getting a slight 'over discharge' to grid at times. I have a Fronius smart meter fitted at incoming supply which shows up to 80w export although the CT on the Lux unit is either missing this or refreshes less often that the meter. Anybodyelse experience similar if using an alternative monitoring method?

Also, what settings are currently working for you with regard to 'Reactive Power Type', 'Reactive Power Percentage' and 'Active Power Percentage'?

Kind Regards,

Dave
scobo

« Reply #258 on: January 04, 2021, 12:02:24 PM »

Hi All,

Just to give a further update. My unit has been and continues to work as expected however, I am getting a slight 'over discharge' to grid at times. I have a Fronius smart meter fitted at incoming supply which shows up to 80w export although the CT on the Lux unit is either missing this or refreshes less often that the meter. Anybodyelse experience similar if using an alternative monitoring method?

Also, what settings are currently working for you with regard to 'Reactive Power Type', 'Reactive Power Percentage' and 'Active Power Percentage'?

Kind Regards,

Dave

I see this with certain firmware versions.
Some versions are fine, others show small amounts of import or export on the smart meter which isn't shown on the Lux.
Probably worth asking them to change your firmware.

System size : 3kw
Panels : 12xREC 240W
Inverter : Fronius IG30
7.2kwh Pylontech batteries & Lux ac controller
Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
Solarchaser

« Reply #259 on: January 05, 2021, 08:43:02 PM »

The ct clamps can't see everything,  so they can't cover it.

Right now both my lux are discharging 300 odd Watts and think they are covering everything,  as they show 0w import.

However the smart meter says its importing 51w.

If it can't see it, it can't cover it
mbeast

« Reply #260 on: January 24, 2021, 07:19:28 AM »

how did you update your firmware?

when I try it asks for a Verify Code, I'm getting fed up with my inverters now, 1 now doesn't do anything other than stay on standby and the other when discharging my batteries it has periods when it will stop discharging for a few seconds then discharge again for so long before pausing again for a few seconds, all temperature's are ok so it is not overheating so I've got no idea.

thanks
Mark

2 x LXP5K Hybrid parallel Inverter's
6 x Pylontech US3000 Batteries
40 x 285w Panels
AndyWhittaker

« Reply #261 on: January 24, 2021, 11:11:01 AM »

As far as I am aware, you cannot update the parallel LUX LXP3600s locally.

Pop Canhao at LUX China canhao.chen@luxpowertek.com an email tonight and he'll be able to check your inverters and, if necessary, update their firmware remotely.

Make sure you list each serial number of your inverters. You can get them from the LUX monitoring app at http://server.luxpowertek.com/WManage/web/login

Good luck, Andy

Andy Whittaker
Prestbury, UK

4KW Solar PV
HYD6000 Hybrid Inverter
LUX LXP3600ACS x 2 in Parallel
6 x US3000 PylonTech Batteries

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
scobo

« Reply #262 on: January 24, 2021, 11:13:03 AM »

Pop Canhao at LUX China canhao.chen@luxpowertek.com an email tonight and he'll be able to check your inverters and, if necessary, update their firmware remotely.

Make sure you list each serial number of your inverters. You can get them from the LUX monitoring app at http://server.luxpowertek.com/WManage/web/login

Good luck, Andy

Apparently, the firmware update available on the app is for parallel units.
I've no way of checking as our inverter isn't parallel.

Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
mbeast

« Reply #263 on: January 25, 2021, 05:09:28 PM »

Good luck, Andy

mine are the parallel units, downloaded the firmware then connected locally but when you tap on upgrade firmware it ask for a password.
I've emailed canhao but it seems mine has a internal problem with the battery connection so another one I'm going to need to take off and replace with a reconditioned one  Sad  . both less than 2 years old as well.
Apparently, the firmware update available on the app is for parallel units.
I've no way of checking as our inverter isn't parallel.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 05:18:55 PM by mbeast » Logged

2 x LXP5K Hybrid parallel Inverter's
6 x Pylontech US3000 Batteries
40 x 285w Panels
Solarchaser

« Reply #264 on: January 29, 2021, 07:51:13 PM »

Which batteries are you running?

It was Canhao who updated mine
scobo

« Reply #265 on: February 23, 2021, 12:19:36 PM »

I see there's now firmware available on the app for all Lux inverters including the ESS 3.6KW AC coupled units.
Anyone been brave enough to update via the app yet ?

Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
kdmnx

« Reply #266 on: February 23, 2021, 03:15:39 PM »

I heard there was a new “octopus agile integrated” firmware available...

12x JA Solar 340Wp panels (total 4080Wp)
Lux Power inverter charger
5x PylonTech 2000 2.4kWh batteries (total 12kWh (11kWh usable))
scobo

« Reply #267 on: February 23, 2021, 03:28:50 PM »

I think they're only applying it to their "squirrel pods" which appears to be a standard Lux controller with Agile integration in the firmware.
£6k for a 9.6kwh system is taking the píss if you ask me.

https://homeenergygroup.co.uk/product/lux-power-single-squirrel-pod-9-6kw-battery-storage-system/

Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
kdmnx

« Reply #268 on: February 23, 2021, 03:47:40 PM »

I think they're only applying it to their "squirrel pods" which appears to be a standard Lux controller with Agile integration in the firmware.
£6k for a 9.6kwh system is taking the píss if you ask me.

https://homeenergygroup.co.uk/product/lux-power-single-squirrel-pod-9-6kw-battery-storage-system/

That is a bit annoying. Particularly as it is just software (I assume!). Lux broke the graphs in the ios App in the summer and haven't fixed them yet either. Bit of a poor show if you ask me!

12x JA Solar 340Wp panels (total 4080Wp)
Lux Power inverter charger
5x PylonTech 2000 2.4kWh batteries (total 12kWh (11kWh usable))
biohead

« Reply #269 on: February 24, 2021, 06:40:36 PM »

I see there's now firmware available on the app for all Lux inverters including the ESS 3.6KW AC coupled units.
Anyone been brave enough to update via the app yet ?

None showing in my Android app for my BAAA unit.
Still running BAAA-1111.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: