navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LuxPower network protocol decoding  (Read 1415 times)
Caesium

« on: September 02, 2019, 01:57:09 PM »

Just to dip a toe in the water really and gauge interest; anyone have any experience with this?

About 10 minutes after my LXP 3600ACS was installed I was snooping traffic from it that was being sent back to LuxPower and reverse engineering the protocol Wink

I'm making some progress, and pretty quickly decoded the data coming out at 2 minute intervals so I can log it myself. The slightly harder part is sending it commands, as I don't like relying on Chinese websites or apps that can disappear or stop working at a moment's notice. I want to control my own inverter myself.

My LuxPower distributor in the UK flat-out refused to give me the API documentation for this so I'm writing my own. I'll publish it when done if there's any interest.

So far I've managed to knock up a bit of Ruby (any programming language will do Wink to change the discharge cutoff percentage successfully - I can write the appropriate bytes at the inverter (after configuring it to listen on TCP) and see the expected value reflected in the LuxPower website when I refresh the data, all good Smiley

The harder commands look like they're sent in multi-stage packets though, for example enabling or disabling AC Charge first seems to send a "hold" packet of some sort (which is the same whether you're enabling or disabling) and then the control packet to perform the action. Not fully worked this out yet.

Anyway just interested to hear if anyone else had attempted this, if I'm reinventing wheels etc.

3.99kWp Solar PV :: LXP3600ACS + 14.4kWh Pylontech US2000
LXP & Pylontech Ruby Comms Library
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: