navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redoing my Rainwater harvesting - stick with IBCs or change to large tank?  (Read 1284 times)
mike-b-

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:59:44 AM »

About 3 years in the sun top goes first assuming black dpc stuff which is what i used Angry

10x230 yingli +aurora2000 ,woodburner, 5x250 hyundia +sunnyboy 1200, bio burning motor. i waste nothing everything is useful i just havent found a use for it yet! Rainwater harvesting ibc system.
djs63

« Reply #16 on: Today at 11:11:00 AM »

Phooey, could you not wrap the black plastic around the whole thing, frame and all, tying it with baler twine?
Man handling an IBC is heavy going and if it contained water!

6 Kw Proven wind turbine, 15 Navitron evacuated solar hot water tube array and 1.8 Kw PV, grid connected (SMA inverters) and GSHP supplying radiators and UFH. Wood burning stove (Esse 300) and oil fired Rayburn. Rainwater harvesting 4000 litre tank underground. Nissan Leaf
knighty

« Reply #17 on: Today at 02:46:44 PM »

Wondering how best to arrange for the tanks to overflow in a place of my choosing and not just all over the floor.

If I do this with a pipe at position 1 standing up to the level I want to overflow at, will the pump just suck air? What about at position 2?

I could just drill a hole at the top of the side wall of one of the tanks, and run a pipe from there, but trying to use the same pipe for filling, emptying and overflow.

I'd go with option 2

the pump should not suck air anyway with a head of water over it... but better safe than sorry (if the pipes/taps get a bit silted up etc.)

also, if you can have a separate pipe for fill/empty then you should get a bit of circulation going when you overfill the system... tho I guess it'll only circulate the water in one of the IBCs anyway so probably not much different
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: