navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ok to use 110mm sewage pipe for rainwater harvesting?  (Read 1695 times)
al_uk

« on: September 07, 2019, 08:55:35 AM »

I'm putting in some underground piping to take my roof gutters to my water tanks. Is it ok to use standard 110mm plastic sewage pipe? Either rubber connection or solvent. The water will be used in toilets, washing machine, and sometimes for showering. Water goes via a big jumbo cartridge filter and a UV unit.

Cheers.

10kW PV. Rainwater collection-14 IBCs. Custom Arduino based Immersun type PV diversion. HomeSeer home automation, Househeat/Conrad TRV radiator actuators + FHEM. SageTV
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 10:03:04 AM »

Hi Al 
    I don't  see why not. As long as the pipes are new and fresh but the colour does denote foul drain or waste pipe.
The black equivalent pipe is cheaper and the fittings are cheaper as well.
Being in the building all my life I would buy the proper pie, just as I would buy the proper cabling to wire a house. You never know, perhaps sometime in the future, when maybe you are not about and the family decide to employ a plumber to cure the blockage in the foul drain. There will be no mistakes made with the correct black pipe.
     Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
al_uk

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 10:11:58 AM »

Sounds good - didn't realise it came in different colours.

So something like this range?

https://www.drainageshop.co.uk/110mm-pushfit-soil/GWPS400.html

I'll post what I'm up to in a different thread...

10kW PV. Rainwater collection-14 IBCs. Custom Arduino based Immersun type PV diversion. HomeSeer home automation, Househeat/Conrad TRV radiator actuators + FHEM. SageTV
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 10:26:13 AM »

Yup ,
     That's what we use for run off and storm drains.
 You get it in white as well but more expensive. Our black round  inspection chambers look similar to the orange but they are lighter in construction.
 Separate thread is good idea.
      Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
al_uk

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 10:33:23 AM »

Thanks Biff, much appreciated :-)

chris wills

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 07:40:52 AM »

I have this pipe from all my roof drains running to the tank, then pumped out from there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: