navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ME3000sp only trickle charging  (Read 935 times)
uax6

« on: September 26, 2019, 06:49:59 PM »

I've just had fitted a ME3000sp and two battery packs. Everything appears normal (no fault lights), but one battery pack shows 100% charge and the other 25% charge. The inverter has the green charging LED lit when the solar is producing more than I'm using, but the ME3000 is only putting about 0.05 kw into the batteries, so the rest of the electricity is lost to the grid.

I'm not the best at understanding the manuals (but I did set up the economy 7 charging ok), but I just don't understand why its not charging at a greater rate.

Also how do I set up monitoring from my pc for this plant please?

Many thanks in advance

Andy g
nowty

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 09:49:13 PM »

I presume you are using the Pylontech battery packs ?

If so the SOC can show incorrectly when you first set them up.

As very little is going into the batteries, sounds like they are both full.

After a couple of cycles the SOC indicator should synchronise correctly.

11kW+ of PV installed and 56+ MWh generated.
Lithium battery storage of 50+ kWh.
Hot water storage of 15+ kWh.
Heat storage of 15+ kWh.
6kW Ground source heatpump.
EV BMW i3 (another 30+ kWh's of storage).
260,000+ litres of water harvested from underground river.
Home grown Fruit and Veg.
uax6

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 07:20:52 PM »

The batteries are Amass storage ones. There is a master and a slave set.

It appeared to work properly yesterday (it presumably charged up overnight), there being a small export to the grid all day.
It was sunny when I got in from work this afternoon so I popped my head into the loft to see what the charge situation was. I was greeted by the ME3000 being off, completely dead. The batteries obviously had an alarm, the master battery showing no charge and the slave 25%.
Tried cycling the mains input to the ME3000, but no luck, still not showing any signs of life.

What could have happened?

Andy
ktbken

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 01:10:16 AM »

Hi
The me3000sp will never be completely off even if the battery's are dead as long as it is connected to the mains.
Are you sure that it is configured / wired correctly.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 01:12:35 AM by ktbken » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: