navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: me3000sp stop grid charging  (Read 611 times)
mybike7

« on: October 05, 2019, 02:16:38 PM »

hi can any one help setting up a sofar me3000sp
over the last couple of days there been no sun to charge the batteries thats ok
but whats happening is the me3000sp is taken power from the grid to charge the batteries
i am not on eco 7 so i pay normal price to charge

is there a way to stop charging from the grid and only charge from the panels when sun out

nowty

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 06:15:16 PM »

I don't have one anymore so its a little tricky to give you blow by blow instructions.

But sounds like you have the "Work Set Mode" set to Time of Use Mode and one or more of the Time of use Mode's (it has 4) has been enabled.

The Work Set Mode should be set to Auto Set Mode if you don't want it to charge from the grid and this is the default setting.

If you bought this new it should not do this but if you bought second hand, then the original user might have set it up this way.

The User Manual should give you instructions on this.

11kW+ of PV installed and 56+ MWh generated.
Lithium battery storage of 50+ kWh.
Hot water storage of 15+ kWh.
Heat storage of 15+ kWh.
6kW Ground source heatpump.
EV BMW i3 (another 30+ kWh's of storage).
260,000+ litres of water harvested from underground river.
Home grown Fruit and Veg.
mybike7

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 06:28:38 PM »

thanks for the reply
been running in auto mode and it still charges from grid when batteries get low
so first thing in the morning it can charge upto my current setpoint of 20amps
which seems stupid to charge first thing in the morning as solar may be available later in the day
nowty

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 11:12:51 AM »

Sorry but I am having to rely on my memory for this.

I think that even if its in Auto Set Mode it will still attempt to charge off the grid if the Time of Use Mode has been set and enabled.

Go to the Time of Use Mode and check that its not enabled, if it is you can set it to Disabled. The Time of Use Mode allows you to set a time, a charge rate and a target SOC %, so for example, when it was sunny the batteries may have not dropped below the set SOC and therefore not charged from the grid. Then when the weather deteriorated and the batteries got lower, it started to charge from the grid.

11kW+ of PV installed and 56+ MWh generated.
Lithium battery storage of 50+ kWh.
Hot water storage of 15+ kWh.
Heat storage of 15+ kWh.
6kW Ground source heatpump.
EV BMW i3 (another 30+ kWh's of storage).
260,000+ litres of water harvested from underground river.
Home grown Fruit and Veg.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: