navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good quality solar thermal items free to a good home : North East England  (Read 640 times)
Panda

« on: October 11, 2019, 04:04:17 PM »

UPDATE 12/10/19: I've agreed to give the items to a forum member. I'll send another update in about 2 weeks to confirm it's all been collected. Thanks to all who showed interest.

My company has a number of surplus solar thermal items available free to a good home if anyone can collect. The main items are:

1. Kingspan Thermomax evacuated tube collector set, DF100-1m2, manufactured 2008, used for demo only (has had glycol in but now drained). The kit comes with wall / roof bracketry / frame, manifold, fixings, the 10 tubes themselves which have been carefully packed in their original box and the collector temperature sensor/ auto air vent. All in very good condition.

2. A pair of Alpha Solar Smart flat plate portrait orientation collectors, net area 2.3m2 each. Weight 40kg each, dimensions 2150 x 1170 x 83mm each. As new in original packaging but one of them has some missing packaging. Cosmetically perfect. No flashing kits or roof mountings. No instructions.

3. 2 sets of evacuated tube solar thermal collectors, I will have to double check the model number etc. but they're about 2m2 and never used as far as I know. No mounting kit. One is missing the manifold cover but I'm hoping we can find this. They're not fantastic cosmetically but I don't believe they've ever been fitted to a roof and the tubes all look good.

4. Resol 2 line pump station with solar thermal controller. Can't remember the model number but it's a good one and has only been used for very light demo purposes so it's effectively as new although it has had glycol in it.

There are also a few Resol solar thermal controllers of various types and a couple of heat meters (e.g. Supercal) which will be offered to anyone who can take away any of the solar thermal collectors listed above.

All items must go by the end of October and will be available for collection only during working hours (Monday to Friday). PM me for any further details or if you would like photos. Sorry we are unable to arrange any shipping on these items so realistically you're going to need to be able to bring a van and collect personally.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 07:48:06 PM by Panda » Logged
offthegridandy

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 08:04:45 PM »

snow

PM sent

Andy

8 KVA Lister TS2 Startamatic Genny
24 Volt 1000amp battery bank
Outback VFX3024
4.6 Kw PV array ground mounted
Outback Flexmax 80
2 X Flexmax 30 PV CC
2.5 Kw WT H Piggot design 4.5 Mtr Dia AC coupled
12 Mtr free standing Tower.
u/floor heating from oil boiler cross linked to 12 K wood stove
offthegridandy

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 08:04:57 PM »

Another Navitroid road trip completed successfully. 275 miles each way in our nice new Toyota pick up truck cruising at 70mph and better than 40MPG.  Weather has been fowl but got home with bag of chips and as bottle of wine, batteries here are full and WT is wirlling away so all good.

Just got home from a trip up through Gods Own Country and on to the northern wastes of the country.  Natives were very friendly and helped with loading up etc.  Collected a shed load of solar panels and tubes and an ASHP.  Now I have to redesign the heating system and get a new tank (thermal store)to use some of the gear.

Thank you very much to Alex and his colleagues and I'll let you know how the new project procedes.

Andy

8 KVA Lister TS2 Startamatic Genny
24 Volt 1000amp battery bank
Outback VFX3024
4.6 Kw PV array ground mounted
Outback Flexmax 80
2 X Flexmax 30 PV CC
2.5 Kw WT H Piggot design 4.5 Mtr Dia AC coupled
12 Mtr free standing Tower.
u/floor heating from oil boiler cross linked to 12 K wood stove
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print