navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know this wood burner?  (Read 4389 times)
Stig

« on: October 20, 2019, 09:44:50 AM »

My sister's looking to by a house in France, we had a look at one last week in the Vercors and it has a wood-fired heating system:

Log burner seems to heat the thermal store behind and runs radiators.

It may be a moot point as she's after a 'summer residence' to escape the heat where she lives (Drome valley) and thinks that heating systems are a bloke's territory but as I'm planning to go shares in the house I'd like to be better informed...
renewablejohn

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 09:48:51 AM »

Froling have got an excellent reputation for quality. Would not have been a cheap system when installed.
rogeriko

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 01:09:47 PM »

Its a Froling log burner, they work well. We have a few of them which we service annually. You just fill them full of logs, light it and walk away, the boiler does the rest.

chasfromnorfolk

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 01:25:56 PM »

Curious, and alert to alternatives should pellet-burning lose its charm, I found this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=3ovEj8eeRaw

Certainly looks as user-friendly as poss.

Cheers,
Chas
Stig

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 02:34:04 PM »

Thanks chaps, looks pretty straightforward then.  One less thing to worry about (needless to say, in a 1840 house that was restored from a ruin 30 years ago there are other issues).
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 08:27:59 PM »

Smiley  def a bonus to have that heating idea already in place,  in an old farmhouse

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
rogeriko

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 10:42:40 PM »

https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC_vyp8Meeg   You have to remove the space after https

renewablejohn

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 06:27:32 PM »

Thanks chaps, looks pretty straightforward then.  One less thing to worry about (needless to say, in a 1840 house that was restored from a ruin 30 years ago there are other issues).

Biggest problem will probably be the use of modern cement and plasters that dont breathe rather than Lime Mortars and Lime plasters which do breathe.
Stig

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2019, 11:03:23 AM »

The hot water and kitchen hob (there is no oven) are currently bottled gas and it would be good to go electric but there's a question about how big the supply to the house actually is.  So a question for those familiar with the French system:  can I tell what supply it's got from the electricity bill?  I remember hearing that there were different charge band depending on the rating of the main fuse.
Stig

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 08:53:09 AM »

The electricity bill says:
Base - 06kVA

Does that mean supply is limited to 26A?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: