navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sofar ME3000sp & Pylon extra2000 coms issue  (Read 1124 times)
Dannyg2325

« on: October 26, 2019, 07:55:05 PM »

Hi chaps

Hoping for a bit of info/help!

Iím having an issue with the sofar giving me fault id52 communication fault.
My battery is a pylon extra2000, and I think Iím reading right (wasnít aware at the time of buying!) that these use different protocols than the newer us2000 battery. 🤷🏼‍♂️ All double Dutch to me really, but maybe someone can assist me on this, or itís sell the battery and start again 🤦‍♂️

Thanks in advance
Danny
bxman

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 03:36:27 PM »

I was expecting Mike to come along  do not panic I expect he will.
in the meantime rest assured if it is a 48v battery system.

You can tell the Sofar it's a Lead Acid and setup the voltages as though it were
I have one on some Growatt batteries it will top out at 55v and push in just over 40 amps if the panels are producing enough  yesterday it was the worst day of my year with 1.2 units generated so this morning the battery was it lowest I have seen to date ( I was going to say sofar and thought better ) @ 49.5v  still a bit to go but 20.9 units with some to go I hope 1530 gmt and still clear skies . The charge  dropped down to approx 2 amps at 1230 and stopped at about 1315 .

You may want to disable the BMS but do not take my word for that .

It can be time consuming balancing manually but once done mine do not seem to go out of balance that much.

good luck cheers Patrick   
Dannyg2325

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 02:31:17 PM »

Patrick!

Many thanks for this, sorry it has taken so long to reply to you.

I will give this a try and see what happens. With regards to setting up the voltages, Iím not really sure I follow. Do you mean set up using the values in the extra2000 manual, or do the voltages need set differently if buffing it of as a lead battery? Sorry as I say, Iím very new to this, so just trying to get my head round things.

Also, disabling the bms, how would one go about this? 🙄💁🏼‍♂️

Many thanks for your help
Danny
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: