navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solax X1 Hybrid Inverter  (Read 353 times)
Fishman

« on: November 08, 2019, 09:25:32 PM »

Hi All this is my first post in this forum so I hope I have the right place.
My inverter is the Solax X1 hybrid with a 4.5Kw Solax triple battery.
On  good day my battery charges quickly to 80% at 20 amps , then after 80%  it only charges so slowly like 0.1 amp so it will take forever to reach 100%. (if ever)
Does anybody with this inverter have the same problems, or could maybe check for me on their inverter.

On another subject I monitor my inverter using Node Red locally without using the Solaxcloud. If anybody is interested I have a short video on youtube with all the details.

Thank you anybody for any assistance re battery charging

* 2019-11-06.png (135.84 KB, 1874x946 - viewed 97 times.)

Solax Hybrid X1 5.4 Kwh installation
JAsolar 18 X 300 Watt  panels, String of 10 SW facing and 8 South Facing
Solax Triple 4.5Kwh Battery
RIT

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 10:15:11 PM »

Best to talk to your supplier as the battery management system within the battery should be telling the charger/inverter its status. having just taken a quick look at the charger/inverter manual about the only setting there is to specify the charging/discharging current limit and that is behind a password that you may not have.

2.4kW PV system, output can be seen at  - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=49083

Why bother? - well, there is no planet B
Fishman

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 11:04:16 PM »

Hi RIT thank you for your reply
I could talk to my supplier they are a good company but in reality are not that technical when it comes to internet connectivity, charging profiles etc.. I have also looked at the manual in detail and the charging current profile is not mentioned.What I am experiencing could be exactly right (although strange) I was hoping that someone with the same inverter could see if theirs behaves the same. I do know the password, a 2 minute search and you have it.

RIT

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 11:27:10 PM »

The charger/inverter does not have any real control over the charging cycle, just settings to control the maximum charge/discharge rates. So it all seems to depend on the batteries BMS - the one thing you do not seem to have any control or visibility over. As you say it could be normal, but 0.1A is rather slow.

One question what voltage is shown when the battery is at the 80% mark? The other possibility is that things are just being incorrectly reported.

2.4kW PV system, output can be seen at  - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=49083

Fishman

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 11:30:31 AM »

Yes I do agree with you re the BMS, although there is an RS485 comms link to the inverter so I imagine there is a bit of communications going on. I don't think it is mis-reporting as there is an LED display (just 4 leds to give an idea of charge) on the battery and that seems to correspond with the inverter reported SOC. The battery voltage at 80% charge is 102 Volts. I calculate that at 80% charge it would need 0.7Kwh of charge to get it to 100% (It is 4.5Kwh battery) and if I am charging at 0.1 amp it will take 70hrs to get to 100%. Maths has never been my strong point so I could be wrong.
I hope that another forum member has this inverter that could check his charge rate. There is no point in having a 4.5Kwh battery if it only ever gets to 80%. I have also put in a call to Solax support but I am not holding my breath for an answer.
Thank you for your help.

RIT

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 12:21:08 PM »

It's the RS485 cable that should allow the BMS to tell the charger what state it is in and what type of charge it should accept. So the BMS (Master Box) seems to be incorrectly controling the charger in some way.

Fishman

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 10:45:43 PM »

Just to update Solax Support got back to me re the battery charging. They say its normal operation to charge at 20Amps (2000 Watts) until SOC is 80% then reduce the charging current to a very low level. To me the level sees to low, but they are the experts so I will accept their ruling

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: