navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Loft insulation  (Read 964 times)
brackwell

« on: November 16, 2019, 09:00:36 AM »

I note that BQ have special offer on rolls of the eco insulation at something like £16 for 3 rolls. I dont know if it applies to retail or other outlets.
TT

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 09:22:17 AM »

It's £16.50 per roll if you buy 3. Still a good discount from the original price
Applies to 100/170/200mm thickness
marshman

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 09:29:07 AM »

I note that BQ have special offer on rolls of the eco insulation at something like £16 for 3 rolls. I dont know if it applies to retail or other outlets.

It is £16.50 per roll if you buy 3 rolls at B&Q.

I think the best value at the moment is Travis Perkins at £14.40 per roll (Knauf 170mm) - you do have to sign up for a cash account, but anyone can do it and it does give useful discounts off of most of their stuff.

I very recently insulated the loft in my daughters "new" house and spent quite some time looking at insulation prices.

I remember the good old days about 10 years ago when it was really cheap (backed by some government scheme) and was £2 per roll!

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
HalcyonRichard

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 09:53:18 AM »

Last week I paid £12/roll for 100mm it worked out cheapest from Wickes. But I think the offer has finished now. Always best to check prices as there always seems to be special offers coming and gooing

Laws are for the guidance of wise men and the obeyance of fools - Richard Burton upon Trent
TT

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 11:00:10 AM »

I prefer the non itch variety, little more expensive but doesn't require all the PPE

danmc_82

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 03:11:25 PM »

I remember the good old days about 10 years ago when it was really cheap (backed by some government scheme) and was £2 per roll!

I got 11 rolls for £11 delivered through EDF about 10 years ago.

Government wants to cut down on pollution, why stop these incentives.

12kw Hamlet Solution Boiler Stove,
Triple Coil Cylinder.
4Kw ASHP Pool Heater.
marshman

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2019, 04:47:13 PM »

I got 11 rolls for £11 delivered through EDF about 10 years ago.

Government wants to cut down on pollution, why stop these incentives.

Why stop, because I ran out of loft space to stuff the insulation in Grin

Seriously though, I agree. Two of my kids have bought houses in Bristol. The usual Victorian Terrace, both had been "renovated" within the last 10 years or so, both had 100mm or less of insulation in the loft - madness. Almost the first thing I did was to add another 400mm, they both said they felt the difference straight away. Cost even at todays prices was less than £150 per loft.  It has to be one of the quickest and easiest gains, yet there are still many, many houses with next to no insulation.

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
oliver90owner

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 05:25:00 PM »

I always have at least a couple of rolls in stock.  Bought at auction for no more than two quid a roll.  See them quite often at boot sales, etc - although I donít go to many, these days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: