navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lux Power AC Settings  (Read 2729 times)
Val33

« on: November 16, 2019, 08:12:43 AM »

Anyone care to share their settings for the LUX AC? I am struggling to set up for time shifting power. I'm on Octopus Agile and in the winter months I want the unit to charge at the cheap rate and only start discharging to the house from 4pm. 

I had assumed that setting it to charge from 00.30 until 15.59hrs would have worked, but as soon as the batteries are full it starts discharging! As any owner will know, the 'Maintain' pages are rather cryptic! Some screenshots of working settings would be great.

Thanks
Benjaminium

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 11:33:17 AM »

Hi,

Did you get any answers to your question?

I have a question of my own, I have a Lux Power and Octopus smart meter and I'm finding that I'm using fractions (0.01-0.02) of a Kilowatthour each half hour, do you find the same? It doesn't add up to much, but I just wondered if I had a slightly out of calibration current sensor or similar that was just ever so slightly bias.  To be honest Id prefer if this was the other one at and biased so it was ever so slightly out going. I wondered whether the sensor or sensor cabl may be picking up noise or whether the Lux power is just slow on the response.

I've heard that other brands like PowerFlow have a very fast refresh and keep this value to an absolute minimum.

Ben
scobo

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 06:53:43 PM »

Hi,

Did you get any answers to your question?

I have a question of my own, I have a Lux Power and Octopus smart meter and I'm finding that I'm using fractions (0.01-0.02) of a Kilowatthour each half hour, do you find the same? It doesn't add up to much, but I just wondered if I had a slightly out of calibration current sensor or similar that was just ever so slightly bias.  To be honest Id prefer if this was the other one at and biased so it was ever so slightly out going. I wondered whether the sensor or sensor cabl may be picking up noise or whether the Lux power is just slow on the response.

I've heard that other brands like PowerFlow have a very fast refresh and keep this value to an absolute minimum.

Ben

Hi Ben, we just had a Lux controller installed this week and are also seeing import of around 40watts when the batteries are discharging.
I contacted pvpro.co.uk who advised this was the case with most systems as 100% accuracy is not possible.
They did offer to set up a constant export for us which I declined. I guess you still lose out either way whether you export or import although the amount is so small that it's not worth losing sleep over.
Have you managed to make sense of the grid connect settings at all ?

System size : 2.88kw
Panels : 12xREC 240W
Inverter : Fronius IG30
7.2kwh Pylontech batteries & Lux ac controller
Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: