navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Octopus Agile  (Read 11910 times)
pantsmachine

« on: December 31, 2019, 02:12:20 PM »

Just signed up for Agile. Quite a satisfying moment when the Penny dropped re our batteries/Agile potential..... Ahah!

Happy New Year! Smiley

5.12kWh PV system with Solar edge
7.2kWh Pylon tech battery storage
18kWh Heater Storage
Solar I boost charging 12kWh 210 ltr OSO system tank
Deep insulation, air leak controlled home
Zoned & Balanced CH wet system
Hive 2
Low energy bulbs
24 kW Leaf
Masanobu Fukuoka garden & wooden hot tub
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 02:44:43 PM »

Enjoy, and good luck. I've become unhealthily obsessed with daily electricity pricing and trying to manage my Powervault to have sufficient charge to cover the 4-7pm peak. I've yet to receive a full month's bill so don't know if it's any cheaper or not for me yet, but we'll find out!

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
pantsmachine

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 09:56:20 AM »

Thanks Dan, you have given me good advice these last 18 months. The batteries are just sitting there at this time of year doing heehaw and the money is already out so seems a no brainer to try Agile.  The system has been in for 18 months now and we have seen a 25% roi based on not installing, staying put, no power use decrease and change in fuel prices.

Good luck with breaking the obsession, hard to change back once you've moved on!

I think i'll set my charge controller from grid to batteries for 1am to 3 am and 2pm until 4pm. That should bridge the high Peak gap. I'll also switch timers on the fridge freezers too to have them  off across peak. Any other suggestions much appreciated? Happy New Year Lads & Lassies! Smiley
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 10:02:10 AM by pantsmachine » Logged

18kWh Heater Storage
Hive 2
Low energy bulbs
24 kW Leaf
scobo

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 07:33:36 PM »

Just had batteries installed a few weeks ago and switched to Octopus last month too.
Waiting for a smart meter installation next week to get onto one of the TOU tariffs.
Was thinking of trying Go first though as it sounds a whole lot easier to manage charging. Just set a timer for 12.30am to 4.30am and your done.
We also have an EV now too so overnight charging is preferable.
Apparently you can switch between Agile and Go at will and it only takes a day or so to change over so might try them both to see which works out best.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 07:40:20 PM by scobo » Logged

System size : 2.88kw
Panels : 12xREC 240W
Inverter : Fronius IG30
7.2kwh Pylontech batteries & Lux ac controller
Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 11:50:50 PM »

I went from Go to Agile same day on a Sunday- did it via Twitter!

4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 11:51:32 PM »

Very kind of you to say so.  angel

Thanks Dan, you have given me good advice these last 18 months. The batteries are just sitting there at this time of year doing heehaw and the money is already out so seems a no brainer to try Agile.  The system has been in for 18 months now and we have seen a 25% roi based on not installing, staying put, no power use decrease and change in fuel prices.

Good luck with breaking the obsession, hard to change back once you've moved on!

I think i'll set my charge controller from grid to batteries for 1am to 3 am and 2pm until 4pm. That should bridge the high Peak gap. I'll also switch timers on the fridge freezers too to have them  off across peak. Any other suggestions much appreciated? Happy New Year Lads & Lassies! Smiley

4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
Scoop

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 02:04:01 PM »

How do you get on to Agile? Every time I put my details in it just says we will put you on Plus, its confusing the hell out of me!! Im currently with Npower 15p unit and 17p standing charge, is there any tips on who i can call?

pantsmachine

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 02:17:52 PM »

I think you need to be with them 1st on another tarrif then apply for Agile. I think....

18kWh Heater Storage
Hive 2
Low energy bulbs
24 kW Leaf
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 02:32:47 PM »

How do you get on to Agile? Every time I put my details in it just says we will put you on Plus, its confusing the hell out of me!! Im currently with Npower 15p unit and 17p standing charge, is there any tips on who i can call?

Sign up for a regular tariff with them first, like Go.  Tou also need Smart Meters. Then you can switch to Agile once your'e signed up. Use a referral code to get 50 of free credit when you switch.  You could use mine, or one from the many other Octopus subscribers here!  https://share.octopus.energy/teal-leaf-367

4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
pantsmachine

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2020, 08:58:40 PM »

Just returned from a job in Norway and it turns out that setting my batteries to draw from grid across a single window of time and to a low battery threshold within a single window is simple enough thru PV master app. Any of you guys have experience with Goodwe and know how to generate a second set of parameters within the 24hr window? I can work with the single time slot allocation but would rather it was double or upwards?

« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 08:21:30 AM by pantsmachine » Logged

18kWh Heater Storage
Hive 2
Low energy bulbs
24 kW Leaf
pantsmachine

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 03:01:11 PM »

A firmware update via the wi-fi & company support rep has given me another set of slots for battery charge/discharge, four in total now. Also reset the time as unit was running 2 hours ahead. All I need now is 3rd Party SMET2 gadge to make contact for fitting meter.....  tumble

As I am on Octopus tracker there is no downside to playing about with charge/discharge times in this new wrinkle of charging from grid. At the moment I am charging at a rate of 2kw per hour. I could almost convince myself a 3rd battery is needed...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 03:23:12 PM by pantsmachine » Logged

18kWh Heater Storage
Hive 2
Low energy bulbs
24 kW Leaf
scobo

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2020, 04:36:02 PM »

All I need now is 3rd Party SMET2 gadge to make contact for fitting meter.....  tumble

If you don't have any luck, get in touch with Octopus and tell them the only reason you switched is because you have an EV.
If you've waited more than 2 weeks, they'll escalate it and get you an appointment within a few days.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 04:38:24 PM by scobo » Logged

System size : 2.88kw
Panels : 12xREC 240W
Inverter : Fronius IG30
7.2kwh Pylontech batteries & Lux ac controller
Renault Zoe 40kwh R110
Zappi 2 EV charger
pantsmachine

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 09:19:55 PM »

Thank you Scobo, I am in fact looking into importing a EV from Japan. I will bear that in mind for further comms, cheers.

18kWh Heater Storage
Hive 2
Low energy bulbs
24 kW Leaf
pantsmachine

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 02:52:57 PM »

A quick question for you guys, how limited is your charge controller software?

I ask as I should be seeing a max discharge rate from batteries of 2.4 kw yet I often see the charge controller pulling in from the grid a part of the load even when demand in house is not high (and certainly not over 2.4kw). I also see the controller exporting to grid (400W for example) even though all power in batteries has been bought in from grid at this time of year. I would expect the charge controller software to be able to control the battery charge/house load to prioritse not buying from grid when battery charge available or not exporting to grid when PV is inactive? Am I being naive? Is this not just IF BUT THEN simple? Smiley

Any input welcome.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 02:55:16 PM by pantsmachine » Logged

18kWh Heater Storage
Hive 2
Low energy bulbs
24 kW Leaf
Joereynolds89

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 03:40:12 PM »

Both the Sofar i previously had, and the Lux Power AC i now have are very responsive (nearly no export/import unnecessarily.

What charge controller are you using?

The Sofar was 3000w rated, and pretty much did 3000w as expected.
The AC Lux is 3600w rated. but really only does 3400w.

A quick question for you guys, how limited is your charge controller software?

I ask as I should be seeing a max discharge rate from batteries of 2.4 kw yet I often see the charge controller pulling in from the grid a part of the load even when demand in house is not high (and certainly not over 2.4kw). I also see the controller exporting to grid (400W for example) even though all power in batteries has been bought in from grid at this time of year. I would expect the charge controller software to be able to control the battery charge/house load to prioritse not buying from grid when battery charge available or not exporting to grid when PV is inactive? Am I being naive? Is this not just IF BUT THEN simple? Smiley

Any input welcome.

* Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 15.50.12.png (127.5 KB, 1860x774 - viewed 224 times.)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 03:44:17 PM by Joereynolds89 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: