navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FITs Payments - British Gas  (Read 4328 times)
cg617

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2020, 10:54:10 AM »

I've had a response from British Gas.
They've re-issued? the cheque (again?).  So is this the third cheque?
They've also advised to allow 28 working days (what is it with these daft numbers?), 28 real days is exactly FOUR weeks, 28 working days is, wait I need to calculate this, assuming the cheque was issued yesterday/today so the first working day is Monday 13th July, then 28 WORKING days is Wed 19th Aug.  Thats half way through the next 3 month period.

I also asked (as an aside really) why they can't/won't do direct payments, and they responded to that with:-
It's not currently possible for us to make payments directly into your bank account. However, it's a facility we're looking to provide in the future and we'll be in touch as soon as it's available.

I'm not holding my breath.   wackoold

Grin Angry

4kWp installation, installed in May 2013.
16 solar panels each with an Enphase edge invertor.
Averaging 4,450kWh / year.
Location South Essex
cg617

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2020, 12:17:41 PM »

The wait is finally over.

I had decided that when this next 28 working days expired (mid Aug) I was going to strongly require that they escalate this issue.
However, GOOD NEWS.  A cheque arrived today from Centrica dated 22/07/20.  Normally the cheques arrive within 7 to 10 days of readings being submitted, but this cheque took 121 (one hundred and twenty one) days from submission to receipt, not quite double my worst delay in receiving a cheque.

On another note, if Brtish Gas are no longer doing the FITs payments, perhaps we might soon get bank credits rather than cheques.    flyingpig flyingpig flyingpig

4kWp installation, installed in May 2013.
16 solar panels each with an Enphase edge invertor.
Averaging 4,450kWh / year.
Location South Essex
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: