navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aldi log splitter, which oil?  (Read 1256 times)
cypher007

« on: August 12, 2020, 11:19:11 AM »

Got an Aldi log splitter and itís always been a bit weak. Iíve gone to use it this year and it seems struggling, making a noise like its cavitating. I think it wants topping up, maybe wasnít fully filled in the beginning.

Anyway do I need to use a specific hydraulic oil or can I just drain out the old stuff and fill with new?

Will this be ok?

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/1-litre-hydraulic-oil/

Look, I ain't in this for your revolution, and I'm not in it for you, princess (renewables). I expect to be well paid. I'm in it for the money.

Steca Coolcept-x 3600, Solarworld 265wp Mono-Black, 3.975kwp.
brackwell

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 12:53:16 PM »

Is it the common type with a horizontal be about 300mm off the floor.   I ruined one of these because i did not realise it was necessary to open a scew before using and without instructions.   You may have blown the seal but might as well use hydraulic oil first i guess. Hope you have instructions on how/where to do that.
Ken
kdmnx

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 01:30:15 PM »

There is usually a "vent" somewhere that you'll have to undo (it prevents the hydraulic fluid spilling out during shipping), did you undo the vent when you first got it?

It should be obvious if the fluid is leaking, you can top up with any transmission fluid or power steering fluid, these machines aren't particularly sensitive about the exact fluid...

12x JA Solar 340Wp panels (total 4080Wp)
Lux Power inverter charger
5x PylonTech 2000 2.4kWh batteries (total 12kWh (11kWh usable))
cypher007

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 02:13:17 PM »

Yep I know about the vent. I had a machine mart 4ton before. To be honest I think that was probably a better machine, it had a piston stop adjustment so you didnít have to keep wasting time moving the piston back and forth for smaller logs. I havenít checked the fluid level but itís not leaking. I think they maybe didnít put enough in from the factory.

Iím surprised it will run on ps fluid. I need some dextron 3 I think for my old Volvo. I was worried it would mess up the seals.

I need to find the manual for it. Not sure where I put it. Does anyone know if itís online somewhere?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 02:17:09 PM by cypher007 » Logged

Look, I ain't in this for your revolution, and I'm not in it for you, princess (renewables). I expect to be well paid. I'm in it for the money.

Steca Coolcept-x 3600, Solarworld 265wp Mono-Black, 3.975kwp.
kdmnx

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 02:26:43 PM »

Yep I know about the vent. I had a machine mart 4ton before. To be honest I think that was probably a better machine, it had a piston stop adjustment so you didnít have to keep wasting time moving the piston back and forth for smaller logs. I havenít checked the fluid level but itís not leaking. I think they maybe didnít put enough in from the factory.

Iím surprised it will run on ps fluid. I need some dextron 3 I think for my old Volvo. I was worried it would mess up the seals.

I need to find the manual for it. Not sure where I put it. Does anyone know if itís online somewhere?

It is all just hydraulic fluid. Brake fluid is slightly different because it specified to cope with super-high temperatures.

12x JA Solar 340Wp panels (total 4080Wp)
Lux Power inverter charger
5x PylonTech 2000 2.4kWh batteries (total 12kWh (11kWh usable))
oliver90owner

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 02:52:07 PM »

Does anyone know if itís online somewhere?

Try Google?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: