navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: California - all new trucks and vans must be zero emission by 2024  (Read 269 times)
dan_b

SW London

« on: June 29, 2020, 11:00:26 AM »

https://news.yahoo.com/california-shakes-auto-industry-says-180026843.html?guccounter=2&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGlua2VkaW4uY29tL2ZlZWQv&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAMCndhR-eMjuJpAAL-2ECxZW6HRYOibktpYqSeIqPVp8Z_BVoFHCeU76nuSc-a6wEl2qzzvw9H3Bz0ouRijqoukqZY4WWKyLzVSLzbnxMBuWVNykAl-O3r90jAmI3tvDoD66Y05In7B2fHxBugnFBRDDJPDnN9WiBIXcO_IxcNE

Enter the BEV vans/ trucks/ SEMIs...

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
nowty

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 11:11:20 AM »

Wow, nothing like an urgent deadline to concentrate minds.

12kW+ of PV installed and 60+ MWh's generated.
Home battery storage of 40+ kWh's.
Hot water storage of 15+ kWh's.
Heat storage of 15+ kWh's.
6kW Ground source heatpump.
EV BMW i3 (another 30+ kWh's of storage).
290,000+ litres of water harvested from underground river.
azps

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 11:42:11 AM »

It's important to read the article, as its headline-writer did not. The news is good, but not as good as the headline makes out:

at least 40 percent of the tractor trailers sold in California would have to be powered by some form of zero-emissions technology by 2024. Medium-duty trucks ... would be required to switch over 55 percent of their sales by 2035; and 75 percent of delivery trucks and vans would have to use zero-emissions powertrain technology by 2035, a point by which fully 100 percent of government fleets and last-mile delivery trucks would have to meet the target.

dan_b

SW London

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 12:11:28 PM »

I knew someone would do the detail!

It's a start, which is what is needed.

4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
desperate

Backache stuff!!

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 04:21:24 PM »

I think that is a very good idea, setting a tight deadline gets people thinking now but not requiring the whole fleet to be zero emmisions, which  is such a huge task, ensures that companies do not fall over a cliff or just not bother. I notice Boris the buffoon is talking about spending big to restart our economy, I will believe that when I see it, maybe some political pressure to green up our country would not go amiss.

Mind you I did hear some blather about 1.5Bn facepalm faint  they're gonna have to do a lot better than that to do any good.

Desp

www.jandhbuilders.co.uk

still a crazy old duffer!
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 04:25:01 PM »

I noticed the policy idea of a car scrappage scheme with the incentive to purchase a BEV instead has been quietly dropped by DePfeffel-Cummings today

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/352302/exclusive-no-plans-new-uk-car-scrappage-scheme

I'm guessing it didn't test well with the mouth-breathing Vote Leave Brexiteer COVID-denying, climate-change-denying Daily Heil readers so they've dropped it.

4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
desperate

Backache stuff!!

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 04:30:39 PM »

Grin Grin

DePfeffel and Spunky probably have a shed load of oil shares Roll Eyes

Desp

www.jandhbuilders.co.uk

still a crazy old duffer!
Philip R

South Cheshire

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 07:38:22 PM »

I saw BoJo wearing the blue hard hat yesterday, I had a laugh, the headband was too small and it sat 2 inches too high on his bonce.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: