navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meter Reader  (Read 636 times)
nowty

« on: June 29, 2020, 11:29:48 AM »

I had a meter reader come round this morning asking to read my leccy meter. onpatrol

I told him its a smart meter, so why did they need to manually read it. wackoold

He said its to check they are receiving the correct data (probably cos all they are getting since April is zeros). hysteria

So now they have verified the zero import readings on the actual meter, I forecast them wanting to change it, thinking its bust. fingers crossed!

12kW+ of PV installed and 60+ MWh's generated.
Home battery storage of 40+ kWh's.
Hot water storage of 15+ kWh's.
Heat storage of 15+ kWh's.
6kW Ground source heatpump.
EV BMW i3 (another 30+ kWh's of storage).
300,000+ litres of water harvested from underground river.
dan_b

SW London

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 12:12:45 PM »

I must admit I assumed that with SMART Meters, they wouldn't need to come and do physical checks either - but there you go.
Which utility company was it?

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery

Tesla Model 3 Long Range
oliver90owner

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 02:11:11 PM »

Did the meter reader check for nail holes in the tails, either side of the meter?🙂

I once had a ‘meter reader’ arrive unexpectedly mid-morning to ‘check the meter’ (because most of my usage - what there was of it - was on the E7 side?).

Woke me up, hammering on the door and ringing the bell, so I wasn’t particularly amused at his antics.  Middle of summer, all things done on night rate (I arrived home from work each day at about 06:30, cooked a meal (often with gas), etc and ran dishwasher and/or washing machine occasionally, before retiring to slumber about 08:30h (end of E7 in summertime back then).

While he was poking around, I expressed my displeasure as I needed my sleep before going out in the afternoon and evening, followed by the night shift.  They never checked up again, even though I made sure my leccy use was mostly at the night rate.
nowty

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 02:44:24 PM »

I'm with Octopus but the meter reader was from Lowri Beck. He did not look at anything other than press the button on the meter and note it down.

12kW+ of PV installed and 60+ MWh's generated.
Home battery storage of 40+ kWh's.
Hot water storage of 15+ kWh's.
Heat storage of 15+ kWh's.
6kW Ground source heatpump.
EV BMW i3 (another 30+ kWh's of storage).
300,000+ litres of water harvested from underground river.
desperate

Backache stuff!!

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 04:26:45 PM »

I am pretty sure the suppliers are still obliged to do a quick check for safety once in a while whatever type of meter you have. With gas for instance, can you still find the tap and is it seized?

Desp

www.jandhbuilders.co.uk

still a crazy old duffer!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: