navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunny Boy 2500hf not working  (Read 1198 times)
roys

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2020, 09:14:19 PM »

Just to confirm I presume you mean there should be 300V DC present when the panels are connected?
Tomorrowís checks now, think the boards will be coming out for a good hard staring at.
The problem is what are things like the 3 little black rectangular components just to the bottom left of your blue circle, just hard work fault finding when you donít know what you are looking at.
Thanks again everyone and I will keep you all updated.
Alan D

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2020, 09:18:17 PM »

The 330 Volts D.C. is there without the D.C. input being fed into the inverter.

Your mate would not have tried to Megger the cables from the P.V. panels. Or the A.C. inverter output. ??
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 11:11:52 PM by Alan D » Logged
TT

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2020, 10:39:24 PM »

Hard to see on the phone- diodes?
roys

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2020, 09:14:13 PM »

Got the 330V DC at the point indicated, then put the inverter on my healing bench, stripped the pcb out of it and unfortunately I couldnít see anything wrong with it, but other than checking an HRC fuse that is on the board and looking for fried bits I was always going to be struggling especially without a circuit diagram and a bit of experience with them.
So I phoned up a solar supplier about 40 miles away, turns out the 2500hf is obsolete and they wonít do a part exchange but I could buy the new equivalent SB2.5-lvl-40 for a mere £850ish with 5 year warranty.
Or
For less than 1/2 that price I could buy a Solis-mini- 2500 again with 5 year warranty.
Now remember my original SMA only lasted 41/2 years I canít see any disadvantage buying the cheaper Chinese Solis one.
I will keep the old SMA next to the healing bench in case some of the magic spills onto it.
Thoughts anyone?
Iain

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2020, 10:56:54 PM »

Hi
Do SMA still do a repair service?

I paid less than £600 for my new SB 2.5 so worth shopping around if you want to stick with SMA

Iain
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 11:55:14 PM by Iain » Logged

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
roys

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2020, 11:18:22 PM »

Hi
Do SMA still do a repair service?

I paid less than £600 for my SB 2.5 so worth shopping around if you want to stick with SMA

Iain

I phoned up SMA told them the symptoms and they said ja itís broken, said I would have to get in touch with an authorised sma dealer and they might take it in as part exchange for a recon unit but not confirm. I am leaning towards the Solis because it is exactly the warranty and a lot cheaper.
It would be nice to stay with sma but I canít get the logic to stack up.
roys

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2020, 08:02:27 PM »

Well bit the bullet and bought and fitted the Solis today, about half the size of the SMA.
First impressions are very good, appears to operate a lot longer in shaded conditions that the SMA, my roof goes into shade at 1730 and the solar would cut out about 30 mins later, just checked on this one at 2000 hrs and it is still generating granted only 30W but still going.
Couple of wee things, the MC4 connectors were slightly different and one of them was slightly to fat to fit into the inverter so I had to remove the two connectors from my DC isolator and fit the two supplied.
They also mention in the instructions about fitting an rj45 plug to do something for a logic interface for G98 compliance. No idea what they mean, I know roughly what G98 is but no idea what interface they are talking about and havenít fitted it (yet).
I also bought the the WiFi dongo but I havenít set that up yet either but I will look at that v soon.
So we will see what tomorrow brings re performance as I have only had this going for a couple of hours.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: