navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VAT free upgrades for medical reasons?  (Read 1267 times)
Jonzjob

« on: August 03, 2020, 10:50:28 PM »

I have arthritis in all sorts of places and apparently it's only going to get worse as I get even older  facepalm

We are going to have the wet/shower room in our place upgraded for a few reasons but one of them is to make things easier for me. One of the bathroom/shower room designer/installers did a visit and had told me that the upgrade would be able at VAT free prices. That was everything including the labour charges and it shows in the estimate he gave us. But another company has said that only certain things can be VAT free and gave us the link to check it thoroughly. Things like the shower tray , shower , taps , WC unit & WC and washbasin.

But that the furniture , flooring , mirrors , heating , bidet , shower glass will still have VAT attached.

My question is, where did the  former guy get the idea that everything would be VAT free?

Barrie

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 01:07:34 AM »

Yes if you are chronically sick as defined in 3.2 of the link, then item 6.3 appears to cover all works to bathrooms, including wetrooms. Item 6.6 specifically includes retiling.

But it would appear that you have to self certify that you qualify, see 3.6.  whistlie

The following is HMRC's guidance to builders on how to apply the rules.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/reliefs-from-vat-for-disabled-and-older-people-notice-7017#bathrooms-washrooms-lavatories

Milton Keynes Vauxhall Insignia EcoTech
Jonzjob

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 07:57:28 AM »

Thank you for your reply and info Barrie.

I'll have a gander through it a bit later and bounce it on to the company I referred to in my OP. They certainly know how to put things simply at HRMC don't they  wackoteapot

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: